Reviews for "Rogue Fable III"

Great game!
Although once you figure it out it's easy as hell with all ranged characters, especially with a ranger.
My last run where I was unlucky with new skills:

What is overpowered besides the few classes once you figured out the game?
1. Gold shouldn't be spent on anything else but skills. There isn't a single game where you will not meet a skill trainer. 25 gold/skill is way too op.
2. If you save enchantment tables, enchantment scrolls and transference tables it's gg. All you need is a useless item with 4+ stats and your main item is already at "+5". Even if it is your basic item that's maxed (in case of a ranger the short bow) the game is won already. If you are lucky enough you can max a longbow as the first "+5" item. In some cases, you won't be able to do that before the last levels, but even then you can transfer the stats to the longbow from the short bow with a saved table from a previous lvl.
3. Only in rare cases you won't find the better version of your main weapon (e.g.: longbow in case of a ranger)
4. Although the image I saved from last game is not representative of this problem, but believe it or not this was my worst game ever if we look at talents. Most cases I got too many good things I need. At this, I would prefer to have (in case of a ranger) dead eye, which you can obtain almost every time. And some resist. (I prefer shock because you can dodge every other magical attack, of course I know not every basic attacks are physical, but they are not that powerful)
5. Main skills are too weak in some cases especially if they are not magical. It's not worth to spend talent points on them. In the case, I presented I already had max evasive due to high dexterity my crits were ~230. Why would I spend on my main skills when they only give damage bonus and the amount is not even worth to consider. Cooldown reduction could make them much more attractive.

God i suck at this game, but its so good

I've been playing rogue like games for years now, and I can tell this is one of the BEST.
It has a perfect battle system and well built skill trees.
Something that I would like to see is a town, some NPCs and a story mode somehow.
And also an HD version for steam, different clothes for the mages, etc.
So far it is PERFECT.
I bet the game for the first time after a few days, around 30th try. The game is hard, but it is fair and worth it.
I'm buying steam version and hope for improvement (if is there something to improve...because it is already awesome!).

JustinWang123 responds:

Thank you very much! Hope you enjoy continue to enjoy the updates on steam :)

As per town, npc's and story, that's going to have to wait for a future project. I'm focusing all of my efforts for this game on just getting the combat, character building, and dungeon / enemies as refined as possible. Any time that's left over is being devoted to polish, interface improvements, graphics and stuff like leader boards and better stat tracking.

On the plus side, when I do get around to doing a more expansive game w/ the stuff you mentioned, all of these mechanics should be really solid at that point.

this was a great game but sadly when I came back for round two it wouldnt load past 95 percent... I am sad that round 2 never happened because my honor has been challenged for me and my necro must dance upon the graves of our enemies for their daring to stand against us

Very addicting, but way too hard, even for a roguelike.