Reviews for "Archaic Asylum"

Too much point and click in places, but overall, it was good

The gold key and knife were rather unfair.

The knife of course comes down to maybe you might find it maybe if you squint but the gold key especially you just have to pixel hunt around the right place even after having watched the walkthrough to find that, and click like mad around that area and hope it triggers.

Not bad. The game was a decent play, but it wasn't spectacular. Decent art, seems like some re-used assets here and there, but nothing that took me out of the experience. I'm not a huge fan of the super precise hiding spots for the gold key (I scanned that room so many times with my mouse) and the eye in the wall (a very light green on negative hues is pretty difficult to see imo). Also just a lot of ghosts in this one, to the point I only accidentally found the store because I thought it was an enemy.

Well, there weren't any jumpscares and nothing that the warning before deemed worthy of the warning, unless it was meant to be part of a little laugh. The game was kind of tedious and unless you clicked everywhere, it is hard to find a couple of the objects needed. At one point I actually had to go to look at the walkthrough because I did miss a point where I needed to click. The game overall is alright though.