Reviews for "Darkened Stone: Moonborn"

One of the better RPG maker games I have seen on this site. Though having trouble figuring out how to deal with the ghost, I assume it has something to do with the enchanted ring but I can't equip it or use it. Seems getting the extra character to the south is the way to go,

When buying items it would be nice if a character can't equip an item it didn't display the bonuses it gives them. The cloak does this with the first two characters, but only the third has a cloak slot to equip the item.

GunChassis responds:

Thanks, yeah, on most items it doesn't, the cloak in particular is bugged and I can't figure out why, lol, it shows on everyone even though they can't equip it. I need to figure that out, thanks!

Interesting art and story, but the combat needs a lot of tweeks. It's very (too?) difficult, not especially engaging, and doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the game.

Great game and story. Was a lo shorter than I was expecting.

Bit short, but I like what I see.

Very good game overall, very promising.

In the plus side:
- Very pretty DA, it's colorfull, it's alive, it's detailed... I especially loved that aspect of the game.
- Nice music overall. A bit "classic" in a sense than there's nothing really catchy in it, but it goes will with the mood of the game.
- Story seems interesting so far, though it's a bit early to really judge on it.

On the minus side:
- The first combats are impossible to do if you don't loot the whole town first in order to buy some gear. It's not that much of a problem in itself, but then the player must be aware of it. Maybe add a quest to gain some coins to buy gears BEFORE the first combats.
- To navigate through the equipment system is a bit tedious, since you can't switch from a character to another in the "equip" menu.
- The mana don't seem to regen without an item. It's the same for the health, but at least you can use skills to heal...
- The tone was, to me, a bit weird during the sex scene. It seems a bit... crude. Not that I mind it in an adult game, but in this one, it doesn't fit. There's also some weird passage during the intro, like when the narrator suddenly speaks in first person.
- I couldn't find a way to shift the order of turn in combat, wich could have been helpfull. (Typically, first your healer, then the others)

And voilĂ . Hope you keep updating your work, it's a good one, you can be proud of it.

PS: Might be usefull to add an "autosave" option, since... Well, death happens.