Reviews for "Just Passing"

Such a nice and relaxing game

Pleasing art style and some nice humor. Pretty enjoyable relaxing game. Took a bit to put all the pieces together but that's more on me than the game.
For some reason the only two achievements I can get are "A Quest to Quench" and "Take me out to the Boo-l Game".

JoelLikesPigs responds:

Man, I tell ya Newgrounds medals are a tough one to crack - that being said I pushed an update that re-entering a ghost's building after solving the issue should try an unlock the medal again - still not sure what causes this though. It's certainly hard to test for it.

It's been a while since I played a good and relaxing game like this, but I can't help but ask, is there an alternative ending besides the main one? I feel like it wasn't a complete story, being driven by the red demon in the final scene.

JoelLikesPigs responds:

Not yet - be aware though, the game was made as a personal challenge in under a month (except for the bug fixes) so I ran low on time making the ending and decided to leave it open-ended - That being said I'm taking some time to think of where to take this, the response has been really positive so I was thinking of expanding it after the holidays with a sequel of sorts

I loved this game. I thought it was adorable and charming. I ran into a glitch where the ghosts would drop their souls but their sprites would remain. It happened first with the soda drinker and then the convenience store manager (whose sprite kept me from picking up the soul). Leaving the building and coming back in removed the sprite and the soul. I restarted my game and signed into newgrounds and the problems went away. I'm not sure if being logged in for the achievements helped or if simply reloading the game did it.
Regardless, I love this little game.

JoelLikesPigs responds:

Yeah from what I can tell medals can cause a bunch of issues - the game *should* work correctly if signed in - I should probably run some tests on what causes the ghosts to stick around if you aren't logged in though - thanks for the heads up I'll get right on it

Eh, too much running around and not enough puzzle-ing, pretty dumb how you have to run back and forth between purchases and picking up cash. Game is well-made and the theme is well-done, but it's really not much of a game.

JoelLikesPigs responds:

Sorry to hear that - if you have any comments on how I could make the game any better I'd love to hear it, feel free to drop me a DM