Reviews for "Just Passing"

Amazing game! It has some issues with the map and sometimes the people donĀ“t react when you finish a quest for them but this was AMAZING! I would love to see another part <3

Love the atmosphere of the game, it reminds me of Undertale and Earthbound

SPOILERS BELOW BE WARNED:

I absolutely loved every aspect of this game but it took me like a half an hour to figure out that the Moldy Pizza needs to go in the fountain... xD

Amazing work, I wouldn't change much of anything at all. I really hope you make more!

This was honestly such a little surprise I was amazed to find out this is your only published game on NG I loved everything about this game gave me real earthbound feels amazing work Joel you've gained a new fan cant wait to see what other games you create!

This is a really nice game. I enjoyed the style and story, as well as the characters. The hidden text breaking the fourth wall and the hidden ghosts were really cool to find too. I also appreciate the achievement ghost idea... I did, however, notice a few less-than-stellar things here and there.
~For one, the music in the lake area doesn't follow personal settings (had music off and it startled me), and footsteps are loud even at 2% volume.
~The map is nice but it's not 100% accurate. It shows drink machines, but not the Boo-long Tea machine in the village. I can pull it up while I'm standing by the Inn and I'll be shown as next to the Flower Shop, a different area below where I am currently.
~Sometimes I spawn into a new game and it's soft-locked. The bus scene won't occur (I can just walk from my seat immediately), but I'll have the prompt in my phone to figure out what happened. Trying to talk to the ghost in the station only has her tell me to go GET the souls, without the scene of the player being shocked and getting the explanation that unlocks the rest of the map. Thus, I can't reach the souls to finish the quest I got without actually starting it and I won't get an option to repeat the conversation.
~The medals glitched for me in a different way than the usual NG way. When I beat the game, the Ticket to Ride medal would not stop reappearing on my screen, even in the main menu and my next new game. A similar issue happened when I talked to the medal ghost. The medals pop up in a constant cycle from first to last, which somehow caused them to not unlock at first and become unclickable for me since they're constantly 'updating'

JoelLikesPigs responds:

Thanks for the feedback - I just stumbled across the lake music glitch myself and just uploaded a new version that fixed that - thanks for the feedback on the medals, still trying to figure out what the issue is with them - I think the engine I use (GameMaker 2) has an issue with communicating with the NG API or something.

Also thank you for the feedback on the soft lock glitch - I've been trying to squash this bug since the beginning and honestly I'm not sure what's causing it but this will bring me a few steps closer to figuring it out

oh and the map thing is sadly an unfortunate limitation because the GPS map isn't a 1 to 1 map of the actual area I have to use fudged coordinates, so I just place your player icon in a rough area on within the place you should be - Sorta how real GPS will say you're somewhere sometimes but really you're a street over or something. So maybe in-game lore is the phone has funky GPS signal