Reviews for "People's Committee of Game Development"

Extremely addictive and very rewarding. Controls are simple, but the gameplay has depth. Hard to find good games like this nowadays.

EDIT: After some calculation, it looks like many of the awards don't work. In particular, the ones that give you extra approval, like "get 10 approval", "get 5 approval for each game you published", and "get 15 base approval but lose 5 for each empty slot" do not seem to factor into the final score for each stage. If this could be fixed, I'll increase my score to 5 stars, because the idea is good, but the game is impossible in the later stages without these awards (unless you're extremely lucky).

Dhasd responds:

We are investigating this! Thanks for the constructive feedback, you seem to be right. We are trying to fix this. :)

EDIT :
This bug is fixed now! All trophys are working, and if not sure it is displayed in the score screen :)

Great game. But I need to address another post first...

Unlike 1Desk below, I understand a joke and satire towards communist times in the soviet union. 1Desk failed to offer anything constructive, deciding to instead be butthurt over historical inaccuracies in a game. It's a game dude, who cares? Just be a contributing member of Newgrounds and offer the creator feedback instead of going on about how things were really in the Soviet Union. I was alive and remember what the Cold War was like... when were you born?

Now about the game. Well made game. I enjoyed the raw gloom of the graphics. It really emphasised the typical opinion of soviet style. All gloomy and dark. Despite this, the colour used in the background is bright and a great contrast.

Loved the music. The music though is repetitive and began to grind on me after a while. But for anybody who doesn't mind it, it is well done and at least solid to listen to on loop for about 20 mins or so.

Gameplay is simple and straightforward. Very little instruction is needed. Unless you are hopeless at solving simple problems. My only issue is with the selections. After each stage when you make your selections, it would be nice to be able to reference them so that you can better judge how your selections will affect the outcome of the game. I found a few times that my memory failed me and I made poor selections for what I had previously selected.

I enjoy the joke that the game is while also finding great fun in the general gameplay. I have saved this as a favorite for whenever I need a go-to for a time waster and want a good laugh as I try to combine a board of wood, a calculator and an axe as the main components of a system for a game. This is a solid game through and through.

Ignore people like 1Desk below who have nothing better to do with their time but complain. I imagine them sitting at their computer gasping in horror as they play this and by the end of a playthrough, tears streaming from their eyes as they stand up for the glory of their great soviet nation by hammering away at a keyboard a bunch of useless items that has little or nothing to do with the game.

Internet thugs need internet hugs. Awesome game!!!

Dhasd responds:

Thanks for your kind words, and your constructive feedback. Also thanks for not searching for historical accuracy in a game you can use a bottle of Vodka for a CPU.:D Game currently works as a memory game like you said, but this doesn't mean its not going to change in the future. :)

Amazing work dude!

I love it!

Awesome game! I simply love the simple puzzle wrapped in such an interesting premise and stylish graphics.

My only gripe is that some of the "design features" do not seem to work - for example the ones tied to hardware or professions sometimes do not trigger even when they by all means should. Maybe it would be cool to have a mouseover on each on the result screen to see "what you picked" and "why it did not matter".

Dhasd responds:

Thanks a lot for the really constructive feedback! :) The pop up box is a brilliant idea. the reason we didn't went with it was that it wasn't mobile friendly. (You can't hover over in mobile) But we didn't end up putting this to mobile anyways so we might just add it. :) If we will continue developing this, we will very likely add the info box.