Reviews for "Platform Picasso"

As yound said, pretty reminiscent of Draw Play with an addition of some pretty cool new lines. My favorite is the moving one. My main complaint is bugs. For example, the one I had most trouble with is the disappearing line pushing the player either up or to the side, as it disappears. The other main one is that the game starts drawing a line immediately after the player spawns into the next level, without the mouse being pressed, causing the selected paint to empty and having to restart the level. Other than that, it was a fun game. Fun levels! Could use more music though

EDIT: Didn't realize it was a feature, I guess it felt kind of weird, maybe because it's supposed to pop but it kind of fades away slowly? (Don't mistake this for me subtly being a dick about what happened, it's not the case, but given the history I guess it could come off that way) Bumped the score, my bad.

GoodL responds:

Thank ya! I'll keep working on it to see if I can't fix some bugs. The light blue paint is supposed to push the player away when it pops (couldn't get it to fall like I had suggested during the last days of development, it was too late and that would have required too many significant changes to the code, so instead of disappearing and returning 50%, it pops and returns 75%). I agree that a couple more songs would be nice to fill out the soundtrack a bit more.
Thanks again for everything.

Wow nice job! Reminds me of "Draw Play" but with different effect-lines. Like mentioned it is limited to computer performance, so I assume that is why my actions are delayed and thus can't manage the last levels, those that require timing. I'll just give up on those. ^^'

PS: can we get a hint for the secret medal? :D (Thank you! Got it! )

Edit: Also big + that we can play any level, skip any level - that none are locked.

GoodL responds:

Thank you so much! Yeah, a friend of mine showed me Draw Play while I was working on this project and I loved those games, definitely classics. Sorry to hear you experienced delay in the levels, I tested this game on every computer I have access to, some with very poor computing power, and never had any trouble in the levels (only in free play), so that's troubling to hear.

The secret medal involves spending some time to create a masterpiece... :)

I chose not to lock the levels because the medals already provide incentive to beat them, and I didn't want people getting stuck forever.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your review!

Cool game! I like the progression the way purple and yellow work together is really neat. I had hard time controlling the paint brush. I got stuck but it corrected itself that was really slick! I think the hit boxes are not obvious.

GoodL responds:

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Seems like you're not the only one who had some issues controlling the brush, so I'll see if I can't do some improvements on it.

An interesting idea, but:
1. Change key for jumping to up arrow/w;
2. The controls seem to be sticky sometimes;
3. The guy falls too easily from the painted platforms.

GoodL responds:

Thank you so much for the feedback! You can now use W or the up arrow to jump.