Reviews for "Platform Picasso"

It was hard for me to understand this. I couldn't control the camera or anything. It just showed half a blank screen. At least I was able to get one medal. That's all I really wanted. The controls are pretty good though.

It is a pretty unique setup. It's nice to see Picasso being honored. The music's fairly nice too. I could at least appreciate it. It's probably just the cheap laptop I'm using.

GoodL responds:

Well thanks for giving it a try!

Who ever thought doing this under a time should be booted. Every time you move while doing this the cursor slows to a crawl and some times auto paints for no reason. Fun idea, awful, horrid execution.

got up to level 11, skipped 8, too hard. I really like this man, the mechanics are quite creative and the level design is smart. Sro put some nice chilled beats in this, great job you two.

A few improvements would be having a fixed camera that moves on its own when a player reaches a certain section of the level. For example in level 8, whenever the player jumps down to lower heights, the camera then transitions to that matching height. This allows the player to see where he is going, control the jumps a little better and to avoid being suprised by an unseen moving dot/red obstacle.

Sound effects would also be recommended. Things such as level complete sounds and lose/death sounds as to give player audio feedback. I recommend using these sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWcIaJtS6Q they're awesome.

Well Best of luck dude and Keep Going!

GoodL responds:

Thanks a lot! Your camera idea is definitely the best I've heard so far, I'll keep it in mind. I definitely thought about using sound effects but I think I was worried about it interfering with the music, but I supposed that wouldn't be too much of a problem. Thanks again for the feedback, means a lot to me!

5/5 stars because like most of Picasso's paintings, this was really well done. My only problem is the fact that the camera is bound to the character, and it makes levels 13 and 14 especially harder, because that makes jumping and painting pretty hard. It makes other levels easier though, so maybe a choice in the settings bar? Other than that, I have no complaints. It was a fun afternoon, and i'm proud to be one of the first to get certain medals. Bragging rights are mine! Cannot wait for new levels, and will definitely get those bragging rights as well.

GoodL responds:

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed the game, and I appreciate you pointing out that bug for me!

repositioning the ink meter would be a smart move, possibly making it bigger (horizontally, less vertically) near the bottom so it's not smashed in there with all those other meters as i didn't even notice there was an ink meter until a while into the game, i also (as far as i made it) didn't see the other meters being used (i didn't make it very far as drawing the paths seems kind of awkward on a laptop touch pad in my opinion) just some things to think about. maybe make an easy mode for laptop users that lets you use more ink? Nice job othersise.tho

GoodL responds:

Those are good suggestions, thank you! I definitely designed the game with external mouse in mind, and the main laptop I used for testing has a huge mouse pad, so you're definitely right that I didn't consider that enough. I'll keep your ideas in mind going forward, thanks again!