Reviews for "The Ramen Prince (Ramen no Oujisama) v0.9.0 M"

The game is really cool and is actually the first dating sim I've played, however on day 2 after going to the town hall/police station and waiting, the game skipped over a couple of scenes. And also a couple of black scenes, but overall the storyline is immersive and the descriptions are great, the artwork is awesome and the music is fantastic. Can wait for the next update!

why are Mie’s endings so terrible?
it’s either:

1. She moves away and Kira does not even have a choice to go with her

or

2. She’s on the run because the cops are on to her and we have no choice but to stay behind

Is there no ending where she settles down with Kira and lives happily ever after?

but then again she is a ninja so she’s always on the move I guess

Now I would assume the second ending is better since she promised to come back as a better person and Kira waits for her knowing that she’ll come back one day.

I would rate a 5 if this gets added

PaperWaifu responds:

Hello!! Thanks for playing the game! My hint for you is: keep playing and trying to make the right choices ;)

(English is not my first language. sorry for the mistakes)

I won't lie. Usually, when I play a dating game, I always play it to make fun of it. Usually I use it to remember how to NOT get a girl in real life. You play a guy who can’t make the difference between a girl and a Pokémon (get them all) and the girls are always the same cliché girls in each game (and all nymphomaniacs or it’s not funny).
Then, you just left them when you finish to f*ck them … and there is absolutely NO repercussions after that!!!
I’ve always hated when a girl is compared to some food you eat and left when you’re finished with.

You compered your “nympho” girls with food. But some food with a strong soul. And for that, I think I will rate this game like a game that deserves it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To cote the game, I’ll divide the game in 5 parts for a total of 10 points (1 point = 1/2 star):
- Gameplay: /1
- Graphism: /2
- Audio: /2
- Scenario: /3
- personal fun: /2 (usually I also count bugs here but it’s not the final build, so I’ll list them later without counting them in the rate)
Gameplay: 1/1
Even if it’s not the major point of that kind of game, it’s important to have some interactions in the game. And we have it: I didn’t check all the endings, but I got in a game over with Sango and then I finished with the good ending with her staying at the Ouji. For Mie and Tomone, I got the ending where they left. I didn’t manage to get the good endings there but clearly that shows your choices have a strong impact on the game.

Graphism: 2/2
Nothing to say, it’s perfect. Some bugs where the characters are a little to high but it’s ok. I also like the fact you add some blurred characters when we have a crowd. We know they aren’t important, but they are here, and I respect the choice to just chow the important characters. Also, background is well done and caracters’sprights are really expressive. 2/2 nothing to change. (you can always improve them if you want though but it’s good that way for me)

Audio: 1/2
Well … the music is cool, I even happen to listen to it when I’m working or doing something else. However, I don’t feel like it’s always well adapted perfectly to the game. Probably just a question of taste but unfortunately, I had to play with another soundtrack to get well into it. Also, it’s sad that turning the music down also cut the ambient sound. You should have too button so people who want either the music or the background but not the other can enjoy the game even more.

Scenario: 2/3
At first, I thought it was one of this game where you play a pervert who want to get all the girls in his bed.
However, I quickly understood it was not the case when the game seemed to critic itself and it happens that the game shows more romance than blank sexuality.
Another thing I liked a lot was that It’s not only a love story but also like you help them to grow with some problem they have, and you learn from them at the same time. You have a real exchange with the girl that you don’t have in most known dating games.
And you also tried to find an excuse for each ‘nymphomania’ of the girls. You managed well for some girls like the Sango, the actress, Hanako and kind of for the detective.
For the boss lady, I could understand, it’s just the boy that I don’t really understand her.
For the Ninja and the ice chef … well you failed but there stories still interesting so It’s no big deal.
The main problem in the scenario for me is the absence of the girls when you don’t pick up their story. We make some cameos when they are in relation if the girl you chose and that’s cool, but I just felt strange to meet 8 girls in the start of the game and only see 3 of them until the end of the game. More interactions or cameos could be cool but well … I won’t ask you to change all the script just for that.

personal fun: 2/2
I really enjoyed playing the game and have something that doesn’t show girls as b*tches or crying ladies but as people with their goal, their problem issues, their strength and their dreams.
Emotion was here too:
I laughed a lot each time Sango and Ren teased the boy when he doubted of his feelings.
I also had some tears for Sango when the info was released or for the singer when she had to quit early.
Less balls for more heart. I’m for.
(I’m just sad we can’t date Ren but oh well, I guess she’s just not interested or prefer avoiding that kind of relationship with a colleague)
To conclude, It’s a really cool visual novel with really friendly and lively girls. Just sad they don’t regroup more.
Cool graphism and a cool but maybe not adapted soundtrack.
Looking forward the next version of the game. keep the good work

Some bug I’ve spotted here:
- Chapter 5 ice chef: Ren’s body is a little too high, we don’t see her face.
- Chapter 3 flower girl: «? several tens of thousands? » there is a ‘?’ too much
- In pause, you steal can choose a respond during choices even if you don’t see the text. Problematic when you miss click the « return to game » button
- If you miss all interactions during the first 2 days, you finish with only Sango’s ramen but when you klick on ‘next’ or ‘previous’ afterward, you have an empty screen and no way to have a ramen back. Validating will start the last story you chose.

Decent

Well this has a very "FRESH" look about the game and some interesting ideas I do think you need to speed up the tempo of the game it starts off way too slow, And so here we come to the end of the review, dont want to drag the review on forever but in a nutshell This was notbad a decent game, I found this flash to be lots of fun, now dont get me wrong there could be some better sdjustments in making it better, could use a few fixes here and there as explained below, keep up with the style you got going its good, and be more creative and more random stuff going on, and more new ideas are always a plus new features and so on.

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~

~X~

PaperWaifu responds:

Hello! Thanks for leaving your thoughts about the game! Yes, the start does need a little hmm.. push. For now there are two ways to speed up the game - the prologue and intro can be skipped, and a quick start secret code is available!

This game is great but a majority of the times I do experience black screens. A lot of black screens. And yes, I'm playing this Google Chrome.