Reviews for "Firestarter"

Fun for a while but gets boring quick

SilverwareGames responds:

We want to add more, if time and work allows for it.

I wonder what it says about me that I knew this was a fan make of the game from FLCL just from the titles name lol, Still good game overall

SilverwareGames responds:

FLCL is one of those shows that stays with you. I still wanted to make this game even after seeing the show as a high schooler.

Okay I'm cool with this game, god when i was playing i was getting flash backs of staying up late watching toonami and seeing FLCL for the first time think it was the one when the kid had cat ears and was pick to be the cat for some play. Either way, thank ya kindly for giving some nice nostalgia.

SilverwareGames responds:

Ninamori: "The king's ear's are really donkey's ears!"

According to the director they wanted to give Naota cat ears so fans would think he's cute. Interesting easter egg: there is a cat in our version of Firestarter and so far no one has mentioned it! Thanks for playing.

The presentation is nice, It feels polished and finished.
I mean by that, that I can play and finish the game without thinking about any issue :)
the style is cool, music is non invasive and also the gameplay mechanic is simple.
But it is maybe too simple...in its own complexity.

Keeping the balance between 0% and not letting the city prosper is just a simple gymnastic, but it gets very frustrating when you can lose at any moment because you didn't properly pay too much attention to your percentage.
My points and my life did not get any of my attention as I was focused to start burning down building when I reach 30%.
That being said I enjoyed the game and it is different of what you did bring up previously.
I wish there was a deeper goal in all that except that I used to love FLCL.

SilverwareGames responds:

This feedback helps a lot. When we've been playtesting a lot of people needed to focus on the percentage and I know it might be nice to just burn without the constraints. This gives me the idea that down the line we might make "Free Burn" mode where you just rack up points as fast as possible.

Very fun and satisfying game, a good and quick timewaster. The green and black graphics give off a gameboy-ish vibe (Which I'm sure the dev was going for). It's super satisfying to get in the middle of a large cluster of buildings and watch them just disappear. But the gameplay is lacking. Click in the right spots, but don't click around too much or too little to maintain a good balance in the cities size and avoid the police. Very simple, very fun.

SilverwareGames responds:

sayomgwtf did a great job with the art and I actually did a few pixels myself to get it to look this way. We had great reference material from the anime to help define the direction so I got to slack off a bit as a creative lead and just point everyone on the team to the show :)

I want to make a version with high res graphics and more goals and objectives to make it into a bigger deal but we are pressed for time to make all that. Thanks for playing!