Reviews for "Firestarter"

You've just made a childhood dream come true! one small change from the anime though; you had to collect materials to burn inorder keep torching the city. I'd slow the cities grown rate and and semi-random collectables to fill a pyro meter as you play. it would improve game play and give a better for the %100 ending.

SilverwareGames responds:

It was a dream to work on this since I've loved the show since high school.

Some versions of the description mention different fire starting abilities like fire bombs, we might add that sometime down the road. We also wanted to add something about outsmarting fire fighters, but again it was a time constraint thing.

being a big fan of the original FLCL this is really cool. I would change the description to say Gainax's FLCL cause they made it Adult swim just aired it. Keep doing cool things :))

SilverwareGames responds:

Updated! I'm a total Gainax fanboy btw. Aim for the Top, FLCL, Diebuster, Gurren Lagann... so many great ones. Then I went on to Trigger with Kill la Kill and all... so much good cheese. (I'm on a low carb diet so cheese is good for me)

interesting design, but nonsensical ludo-narrative combination. 0% can be caught when there are still buildings on screen. I see this is "by design" in a response to another comment, but it makes NO SENSE. the statement even says, "no where left to live" so what are those buildings? useless blocks of concrete that are unsuitable for living? why were they built?

and if 100% were when the city is too big to be destroyed, then why is it i can burn whole sections down with one click? wouldn't it really mean the city is too interconnected and will burn completely down with one fire? then you only have to have one lose condition, the city burning all the way down, leading to the, "why burn a building?" question, which could easily be answered by changing it to a turn based game, can move so far, having to jump to another building to keep your flame alive, but you don't want all your buildings to burn down at once, because that would be game over; of course keeping the burn adjacent buildings code. then just put a signal to show where buildings will be placed in the next turn. instantly 100x better.

Don't use your story as a blanket to cover poor game design implementation.

SilverwareGames responds:

"I see this is "by design" in a response to another comment"

That's correct. It is clear that I didn't explain myself as well as I should have, which I will take the opportunity now to do so.

"The statement even says, "no where left to live" so what are those buildings?"

Thinking a city has a capacity of 100 units, then one house can be representative of a 1%. However, based on the idea a city is larger than a town, it would be safe to round up to 5000 in capacity, this means if there are 3 or 5 areas visible seen on the screen it would not represent 1% of a whole. Also understanding a city by definition has means of transportation, education, entertainment and more - does not translate every building you see is meant for housing.

"Don't use your story as a blanket to cover poor game design implementation."

We are not, we do listen to user feedback. We realize these things might not be as explicitly clear as they should be, reason why we are revisiting the build and make these more obvious: once you reach 0% screen will be empty, and once you reach 100% the screen will be entirely occupied - regardless of any mathematical accuracy.

"Changing it to a turn based game"

We intended to keep it as faithful as we could to the anime because this game was intended as a homage to show - this is exactly how it plays on FLCL.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to play the game and give us your feedback to push us to do better.

I like the style of the game and it works without problem but it doesn't feel like there's any objective or point

SilverwareGames responds:

Burning down a city is its own reward. This is a chance to purge the world of its devils! (We are gonna add leaderboards as more of an objective btw) Thanks for playing.

Que buen juego!!!!!

Gracias!

Just FYI my favorite Spanish phrase is: "El chico esta tocando la guitarra."