Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Trollslayer"

A nice take on the madness style while adding its own flavor. Very nice animation and Happy Madness Day!

Despite that it doesn't look like anything from the Madness we know, it does indeed however contain the sprite animation which is like a Madness signature along with a must have violence. Great work, kudos for creativity!

This is really nice! I liked the fights, and the gore along with the violence also added another degree of satisfaction ;) The creativity was also close to being limitless.
If you decide to do something cool like this again, then I'd like to see this done with maybe another character class with a different combat style. A mage, maybe ? :^

It's definitely different from the normal madness style, but I like it. The concept is cool and the action is also quite a bit different from normal madness. It's less fluid, but interesting in its own way. It feels kinda like a game because there's distinct action sequences and the attacks feel like quick combos. You had some pretty cool fight choreography and awesome kills with all the gore, slicing and dicing. Seriously, even though it was all melee, it was really brutal and you had some cool stuff in there. The guys who got crushed and chewed up had some of the coolest deaths. The music was cool as well. The fight with the big troll guy was a bit repetitive because the slayer was getting thrown around a lot.
Overall, apretty cool alternative style of madness, but it could be a bit more fluid sometimes and that big guy fight scene could have been a bit more interesting and satisfying. Like if he got a part chopped off. Still though, happy Madness Day!

Ismartal responds:

Thank you very much!
I agree with what you say. I would have liked to make the combats longer and more interesting, but time did not play in my favor. The final troll scene was not included at the beginning but I finished it just before releasing the video.
This type of animation is new for me, I usually do animation drawing frame by frame, I still have a lot to learn, I hope to improving in the following ones.

Very nice animation,I think it could be a bit more fluid. It really looks like there's a lot of inspiration from Madness Combat. Good job !