Reviews for "Super Space 3000"

This is a cool idea. I don't like the execution. Some of the time it feels clunky. And the level design is clunky.

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks for feedback! I think that clunkiness is caused by the fact that upon hitting a wall you go back to the place from which you started moving. I did that because it allows for some cool advanced moves, like moving around corner, collecting coin, purposefully hitting a wall and going back to your starting position. Also in later levels you’re often killed for bad move, so it’s less visible :D
And for level design, I think that in some levels I might have gone a bit overboard with camera transitions(e.g 1-5) making the player feel a bit disorientated at first, but with this game you’re supposed to replay levels many times anyway(most of the levels can be finished in under 10s) so after couple tries you should get the flow. I will try to make new levels a bit easier to follow(if I’ll make any).

It's an... interesting control scheme. But the learning curve is SKYHIGH. I'd ease it a bit on the player by giving time constraints as a secondary objective, so one can play through the narrative.

Amazing and Very Unique Idea.
The problem is it isn't very fun.

This game has a creative control scheme and good graphics, but the time limit is just so annoying

I love the premise, the graphix are fun and I love the reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when talking about the scarcity of humans and the construction of the intergalactic bypass, unfortunately I don't love the game. I hate the forced time limit, it doesn't matter how quick it reloads for restarts if that's all you're doing constantly.