Reviews for "Super Space 3000"

Rather challenging. Font feels somethign straight form tutorial. Once you get the controls super-fun. Can't make it past 1st level in explorer :(

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks! Which font do you mean, text, title or menu? or all of them :D ? I was thinking about making custom fonts but I didn't have too much time and I've never done it. Also, for me the game doesn't save in chrome, but in edge it saves perfectly, it's probably something with cookies, but I'm not sure.

idea is good!

really good! a little too hard tho!

So, from what I found: time limit is pretty realistic unless you're going for the coins, and some of them are more forgiving of mistakes than others. The difficulty skyrockets at 3-4 and 3-5 though, and I was unable to get past 3-5.

A lot of the most high-quality skill-based games out there are the ones that can be described as "easy to learn, hard to master". Which makes sense. If a game is described that way than that means anyone can load it up and enjoy it, meanwhile only those willing to put time and practice into it are able to enjoy the satisfaction that comes with being good at the game. The problem with this game is that it isn't "easy to learn, hard to master", it's "hard to learn, and I don't know what it's like to master it because I can barely even learn it".

Perhaps I've taken too long to say what almost everyone has said already, but what I'm saying is that the game is too hard, or rather, the game is too harsh.

The graphics are great, the story is interesting (not that I was able to get that far into it), the music is enjoyable, and the overall presentation of the game is very good. I couldn't say that this game is bad, even with my inability to succeed in it, I still found myself having a fair bit of fun. The problem is that there's nothing to ease players into a control scheme and concept that they are almost certain to be unfamiliar with. If this were my game, I would make it so that the time limits weren't required, but that they were incentivized with some kind of reward.

It's a good thing that the game has a "high skill ceiling", but it shouldn't be an "expert exclusive" game. If you simply tweak the game to be more beginner friendly, this game could be incredibly fun and incredibly addicting.

EDIT: It turns out that the "time requirements" weren't required at all and now I feel really stupid. I played through a bit more and it's still good fun. Again though, it would be nice if there were some kind of incentive to get those 1-3 ranks. But now that I realize I could play more of the game that whole time, that's more of a nitpick than a recommendation.

Yaro11111 responds:

I agree with all of your criticism. I'll update the game as soon as I'll have some free time. Btw, time limits are not required to continue, you can press s to skip(which just moves you to next level, and there's no real penalty), but I think I'll also change that so it's not so harsh.