Reviews for "Super Space 3000"

interesting game ^^

Thanks!

Great idea, I really love it! Except I would need a much, much, much slower learning curve: maybe 2-3 levels between the levels 2 and 3, and more time so we can at least breath between the stages. ^^'

PS: The text has a few mistakes (eg: "capability to interface" -> interact?)

The timer requirements can feel unforgiving early on but it does force you to up your game and get on the level of what is expected.

The mechanic is really fresh and unique and I feel cool when I'm moving fast through a level!

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks a lot! That’s exactly what I was going for!

I wasn't sure how to make the beginning experience better. It takes some time to intuitively understand controls, and bruteforcing through early levels is possible. The time limit seemed like the best way to hint at the way it should be played, without making longer explicit tutorial. Maybe adding more basic levels(like 1-1) with progressively faster times would solve it, but then again it might get boring.

As someone who dabbles in game design I have to say; Brilliant use of controls. I understand why a lot of people have trouble with them, since the current WASD/arrow way is so ingrained in peoples' minds. This control scheme is just different enough to have to think about, yet similar enough that I found myself resorting to the "standard" way when I was frantically trying to beat the level in time. Visuals and sound were all solid. The only small thing I would change is to increase the difficulty a bit slower, so people have time to get used to the controls more intuitively.

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks! Yes, the difficulty curve definitely needs some tweaking.

its really difficult but I like it. the idea of using the number pad to control the circle and how you can press numbers to move a bit further more quickly is kinda clever