Reviews for "Super Space 3000"

Rather challenging. Font feels somethign straight form tutorial. Once you get the controls super-fun. Can't make it past 1st level in explorer :(

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks! Which font do you mean, text, title or menu? or all of them :D ? I was thinking about making custom fonts but I didn't have too much time and I've never done it. Also, for me the game doesn't save in chrome, but in edge it saves perfectly, it's probably something with cookies, but I'm not sure.

As someone who dabbles in game design I have to say; Brilliant use of controls. I understand why a lot of people have trouble with them, since the current WASD/arrow way is so ingrained in peoples' minds. This control scheme is just different enough to have to think about, yet similar enough that I found myself resorting to the "standard" way when I was frantically trying to beat the level in time. Visuals and sound were all solid. The only small thing I would change is to increase the difficulty a bit slower, so people have time to get used to the controls more intuitively.

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks! Yes, the difficulty curve definitely needs some tweaking.

interesting game ^^

Thanks!

This is a cool idea. I don't like the execution. Some of the time it feels clunky. And the level design is clunky.

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks for feedback! I think that clunkiness is caused by the fact that upon hitting a wall you go back to the place from which you started moving. I did that because it allows for some cool advanced moves, like moving around corner, collecting coin, purposefully hitting a wall and going back to your starting position. Also in later levels you’re often killed for bad move, so it’s less visible :D
And for level design, I think that in some levels I might have gone a bit overboard with camera transitions(e.g 1-5) making the player feel a bit disorientated at first, but with this game you’re supposed to replay levels many times anyway(most of the levels can be finished in under 10s) so after couple tries you should get the flow. I will try to make new levels a bit easier to follow(if I’ll make any).

The timer requirements can feel unforgiving early on but it does force you to up your game and get on the level of what is expected.

The mechanic is really fresh and unique and I feel cool when I'm moving fast through a level!

Yaro11111 responds:

Thanks a lot! That’s exactly what I was going for!

I wasn't sure how to make the beginning experience better. It takes some time to intuitively understand controls, and bruteforcing through early levels is possible. The time limit seemed like the best way to hint at the way it should be played, without making longer explicit tutorial. Maybe adding more basic levels(like 1-1) with progressively faster times would solve it, but then again it might get boring.