Reviews for "Wrong Turn"

It's pretty nice and great for a first effort. I like the mechanics and the UI - what I don't like is the turn based style, it makes the game feel very slow when you have to wait for enemy turn after every step. Would prefer just to have a more simultaneous turns feel, or just real-time.

FacemanFoothand responds:

Yup, if I make a sequel to this project I will most likely do simultaneous turns so it will be much quicker!

Thanks for playing!

That's a nice game you got there. I like how killing enemies isn't what makes you stronger, and how there is always at least the golem you want to avoid, keeping things interesting.

I think the score shouldn't go up with every step. Theoretically you can get any score just by stepping back and forth long enough.

To prevent bad luck with the sword spawns, you could guarantee sword spawns if the player faces too strong enemies for too long, instead of tweaking the spawn rate.

FacemanFoothand responds:

That's a great idea for sword spawning I will keep that in mind! And actually you can only get 81 points per level by moving, so it is capped at the total of tiles in the level!

Thanks for the input, and thanks for playing!

Do items like swords appear randomly or only after the first six to ten levels? I never found any.

FacemanFoothand responds:

Swords appear randomly, so it must have just been bad luck. I have received some input about spawn rates so if I make a sequel to this game I will definitely keep that input in mind.

Thanks for playing though!

It's a good game. I my problem though is with the lack of swords. Hard to progress with lacking swords. It's alright if the swords are scarce, but they need to be available enough that I can kind off progress.

FacemanFoothand responds:

I will keep that input in mind! Currently, the chances of a sword spawning in a level are around 1/3 so perhaps it needs to be closer to 1/2.

Thank you for playing!

Good game for what it is, a bare-bones dungeon crawler. Easy to learn, and easy to master.

FacemanFoothand responds:

Exactly what I was going for, something simple yet complicated enough to be a challenge for me to code!

Thank you for playing!