For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 1 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Waterhole"

What it was?
Seems good but overcomplicated. Is it story or just bunch of events? Characters somehow conected or not?
I don't know.

A neat little thing.
The animation is nice. I appreciate the detail in how the various creatures move. The cult leader moves in little jerks like a bird, the tower one turns his head sideways to look through the periscope, etc.
The colour composition is also very nice and compliments the atmosphere very well, which is one of those things you often don't notice when it's done right because it blends in so naturally, but I can see a lot of work went into that.
I like the intro/outro music, it creates a harsh sort-of "dog eat dog" atmosphere, although the animation itself has a slightly more whimsical and silly tone than I feel the music implies. The background music feels very fitting, doesn't stand out too much but helps convey the tone of the scene, apart from the stork (?) eating scene.
As others have mentioned, the stork (?) eating scene stands out a bit with how abrupt it is and how out of place the music feels. It's obvious you were pressed for time, but for what it's worth I think you did alright with what you had. Other minor things would be that in some shots some things don't move at all, which feels like an oversight, and the tree trunk transition is a bit jarring due to the brightness gradient being weird, I think you left some extra frames in there.

All in all, solid effort. Did it do well in your assignment?

Great animation