For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 23 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Waterhole"

Excellent! Just weird plot. Love the characters though. Maybe expand on them so it makes a little more sense?

4.5 stars, the animation is superb and the color pallet fits well with the overall concept, I could actually see something like this as an adult cartoon, the music choice is pretty spot on too, but you need to work on your story telling though. The story isn't wholly indecipherable but it is difficult to understand and follow, I think it's even harder to tell a story well using no dialogue than it is to tell a story with dialogue, so something to make the story easier to fully comprehend would have been much appreciated, but like I said overall it was quite good.

Solid 4 stars at that. Some people just can't appreciate a world that's created with care. Excellent work.

The animation and artwork is amazing! Your sound choice is spot on, the entire presentation in general is professional grade all around and I can certainly appreciate the amount of time this must have took to make.

That aside, your storytelling needs work, a lizard and his pet (friend maybe?) snail are traveling the desert looking for water, a bird in a tower also just ran out of water and they both find the water at the end. A stork scares the bird in the tower and then he shoots him down with an admittedly impressive shot from a trebuchet, and the stork lands on the cultists altar and they eat him. That's it?

It's really easy to make a story with no dialog, the main thing to remember is goals, conflict and resolution, what is each character's goal in the film? what is the conflict that keeps them from achieving that goal, and finally, how do they overcome it? This is basic story composition, now of course you can turn it on it's head and twist it and flip it around and by all means be creative with it, but those are the the basics and they need to exist in some way for a cohesive story.

Hmmmm well the animation is perfect, so full of life and motion, and the score subtle and ambient, but as for the plot... I just don't get it. What's going on? Who are these characters? Is it as abstract as it seems to be or is there a story to be told here? He who controls the waterhole holds the power...? It looks great, but it leaves me confused.

-cd-