Reviews for "Super Responsible Parent"

is the challenge the fact that the controls are shit? if not,im not sure what is.

dietzribi responds:

Can you be more specific? I mostly try to learn and improve from these Ludum Dare games.
Feel free to send me a message!

Love it! Perfect example of a game jam game. The levels were fun and interesting, and made you think, without making levels too slow. There isn't anything preventing you from spamming the leaks, but it gives you time to break and think (although it's not that hard to "figure out" anything as 11 might be the only "puzzle"). I won in about 10 minutes, but had a lot of fun doing so. The ending disappointed me though. I was expecting there to be a joke explanation of why the bouncy house was inflating so much. What material is the bouncy house even made of? No amount of air will cause anything except for a few tiny rips. I also wonder who's saving the children. Does he have this many kids, is he a parent of one/a few of the kids or is he a parent of a different kid altogether? Aside from game-logic questions, this game is a solid 4.5 (like I give everything else in the universe, apparently)

dietzribi responds:

Thanks! All of these questions are open for interpretation. What do YOU think?

I'd say this is the most fun game in the challenge I've seen so far. Really great job with using the"running out of space" theme to make a game that's fun to play.

dietzribi responds:

We actually pivoted after almost a day, we wanted to make a top down shooter that whenever you shoot the walls close in on you. And I made the walls circular and it started to look like a bouncy castle so we decided to roll with it :) It was a good idea because the first iteration wasn't that fun anyway

Very fun and challenging. The definition of short and sweet with a fun premise which perfectly and literally matches the theme of the Ludum Dare. Would love to see this idea taken further if possible. Amazing product for only 72 hours of work.

dietzribi responds:

Thanks a lot! We're going to start working on a commercial game soon (I actually quit my job to do that) but it'll probably not be this game :P

Only took me around ten or fifteen minutes, but it was fun and challenging. For only 72 hours of work, this is really impressive.

Thanks! :)