Reviews for "Dinogen Arena"

Seems like it doasn't work on FF. just loads to 100% and than does nothing.

xWILKINx responds:

Make sure the game has focus (click within the game to regain focus) and click “start game”!

This is a very nice game, but it has a few issues.

Firstly, there is a very noticeable lag after just a few games. As of writing this, it crashed in the middle of a game. Aside from those things, it runs very nice, and I haven't noticed any other bugs.

Secondly, playing as any close range dinos is nearly impossible as the human AI literally blocks the player from hitting them. I think it might have something to do with the hit boxes of the guns being larger than that of the bites, but because of this, even a poorly equipped human can take out the best dinos in the game. (for some reason, the dino AI does not run into this problem, even when faced with a human AI)

Thirdly, the AIs are way too similar. A human with a rocket launcher will fire at pointblank just as a shotgunner would, which leads to funny, but still rather immersion breaking interactions during games. The AI path finding also leads a lot to be desired, as they all follow one line to capture the flag, or one path to fight somewhere in the stage. This often leads to a pile of guys that are waiting for a single explosion to take them all out at once, or when facing a lone dino, to chase it in a Scooby-Doo like fashion. Perhaps having rocket launcher guys hang back while the assault rifle guys flank would add a little variance to the action.

Fourthly, the spawning is really bad. In CTF, the enemies will spawn at the ally base and vice versa, leading to unfair flag grabs, while in death matches, I'm likely to be spawned right in the middle of the enemy team, in which I get absolutely obliterated once the invincibility wears off.

Fifthly, and probably the least important and most nit-picky thing, is that the shotguns in their current state are almost useless. The humans and dinos are both too narrow for any of the shots to land, even from nearly point blank (as there is a split down the middle of the bullet grouping most of the time). In reality, shotguns are actually very accurate, with the exceptions of something like a sawed-off.

All in all, this is a very good game, just with a couple things that spoil the experience. It feels responsive, and it is very fun to see how many I can knife in the face before they catch me. The load-out system, although slightly limiting, is a nice touch so that you aren't stuck with a bunch of range AI with only a shotgun. The maps are nice and expansive, and each have their unique paths to take (if only they were explored by the AI).

TL;DR
It's pretty good. I'd certainly recommend if you want something to do for a couple of hours.

I was going to rate this 5 but then I played a match with heavily armoured dinosaurs with instakill attacks. Also, some weird lag and sticky movement at the end of the match.
Not too fond of running out of ammo and having to scrounge for new ones but that's personal preference.

NICE i played dinogen 1 too this is awesome will you add story mode to continue from dinogen 1?

first yo! lol good job man. a lot of improvements from dinogen dude.