Reviews for "The 2nd Wilhelm Tragedy"

THIS WHOLE THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! <3 <3 <3

It's quite accurate to the 30s aesthetic in that it's in black and white, you're using the rubber hose-technique with a bit of smearing, and that the characters are very 20s/30s-esque same with the vignetting and filmic look. But on the other hand there's some stuff that is much more modern (like the camera angles and the easing in and out ).
You managed to make a modern animation with the feel of a 20s/30s cartoon, which I find very interesting!
It reminds me a bit of the old Astroboy cartoon from the 60s. Very well done.

And wow, you did all this in just 2 weeks? It takes me that long to draw 2 panels of a storyboard, hahaha.

I liked the animation, the music fitted amazingly, looking forward for something like this!

This short is a well crafted throw-back to the 1930's rubber hose era with a touch of modern capabilities and style, that are noticeable, but do little to hinder the feel it's going for as a whole and makes it that much more of a enjoyable experience.

It makes me believe this is what someone who was thrown from the 30's into the modern day would make.

That being said, I do wish he collaborated or even created his own music to put to it. Being someone who's searched through royalty free music, I've heard this song before plenty of times. However, I do think he made the best of what he had. I'll tell you one thing though, this short has improved my opinion of the song. Now every time I hear it, I'll think of his kick-ass remote controlled boxing robot!

BRAVVVO!

Ah robots! You never know by looking at their eyes if they want to hug you or just crush your bones... great animation of course, and full of little details.