Reviews for "A Recipe for Bad Dreams"

Sometimes fight scenes in cartoons feel a little out of place - but in your case it felt like it was properly built towards and earned, and was tonally consistent with the rest of the cartoon. Really fun and enjoyable to watch the whole way through, you have a great eye for shot composition and a good sense of mood/tone.

antdung responds:

Thanks man! I appreciate the review. Always gotta throw a fight scene in when you can lol

Pretty fun style with some awesome bits of animation. Even though most of the animation isn't that fluid, it didn't bother me that much because it was the style, and the fight scene really ramped up the animation. It was just a really enjoyable experience and the music was nice too. Very cute too. I liked that camera movement you did at 1:46. I like what you did with the camera when the guy leapt into the air but it is a bit confusing. Did he leap all the way over the bad dream? You could have given some better indication of that as he was jumping. Also, the way he flies into the screen at 2:12 seems a bit counterintuitive because he came in from lower than expected. It's still a great movie and definitely one of my favorites from the jam. Keep up the good work!

antdung responds:

Thanks for the thoughtful review, man! For this animation I wanted to focus more on readable character poses, something that I've never really thought about, so I ended up with some pretty chunky parts lol.