Reviews for "Viscera"

Thought it was a very interesting art style. The story was quite amusing and that last part had me like, "who the hell rings in sick after a bad dream?", then I thought maybe the idea behind it is rather than going to work and playing out the dream, just don't go in lol. Curious if that's the message!

natforatu responds:

I like your interpretation! I meant it as a jab at myself, being hypersensitive and wanting to call off all plans when I have a really unpleasant dream, though I wouldn't really do that.

Terrific video, the final phone is really sticking in my mind.

natforatu responds:

Thanks, means a whole lot to me.

Youre really weird, and i love it. Helping me deal with a bad day at the office. Keep up with the good work.

natforatu responds:

thank you, thats one of the best compliments I've received!

Really well done! You got the graphicness across without ACTUALLY being graphic, so my stomach and I both thank you. :)

natforatu responds:

Glad you appreciate my crudely drawn violence! Thanks for watching, and you and your stomach are welcome

I really enjoyed the scrambled text bit and text-speaking overall, and minimalistic tune at the end . Really adds to the uncertainty and uneasiness of it.
For me it leaves a long-lasting feeling that the bad dream never ended and it will keep going. The dream itself is dangerous and functions as the distorted anticipation to the the future or the past. The only way to stop its effects is to never let the events of it happen, to never put yourself into them, which is why the character calls off sick, never going to work, unaccepting the possibilities of the dream repeating. It might be dangerous for others and is certainly harmful to him, as he loses his job, but he just accepts it knowing that it is only going to get worse if he continues.
Also cool circular-window effect. I noticed that dream's field of view works similar to this, but I never imagined it as a circle.

natforatu responds:

Really appreciate this responce. I had a dream that was somewhat similar to this, unpleasant mostly in what I did rather than what was done to me. Then the post bad dream haze you wake up in, thats something im sensetive about and wanted to touch on. Your take on the phone call is more elaborate than my own, and I think theres alot of truth to it.