Reviews for "Rotate"

Rotating yourself clockwise on [Q] and counterclockwise on [E] really messes with my perception of this game. Any plans to allow players redefine the controls? Good music though

JoshuaStone responds:

Hmm, not sure about adding a new system for that... The idea behind that decision was, since [Q] is on the left side and [E] is on the right, you end up still facing that direction after rotating.

is level 11 even possible?

JoshuaStone responds:

Yes, every level has been thoroughly tested! :)

One player created a walkthrough, it may help: https://youtu.be/D-oeoKgZEn4?t=6m44s

Okay.

This is a nice entry into the platforming genre. Don't get all the comparisons to (flash?) portal though, this is clearly and evidently a homage to SHIFT series, both in terms of mechanics (or at the very least a significant part of it) and in leitmotiv (seek freedom from the opressor). The concept iself, of course, has been done to death, and isn't original in the slightest, but that doesn't take much from the game itself.

As long as the presentation goes, it's okay and does the job, though again, screaming SHIFT all over the place. The music is nice and the supressive-opressive undertones, while not giving away anything in terms of characters' purpose, the facility in question or this omnipresent cat, help to keep you a bit engaged in the whole routine.

The puzzles themselves are, again, okay. Most of them boil down to just consecutive making moves that don't result in your death, so there's little to no variety in the levels themselves, and it's mostly clear what your next move should be (Same goes for all SHIFT games mostly tbh). The last 3 levels add some variety in terms of switches' operation order, and are cool and challenging overall, but it's still not enough to keep the levels variable enough. The one-way platforms, being a nice idea, aren't utilized enough, and i feel like there should be even more elements present.

Overall, this feels like a stripped down SHIFT game. It needs something else to stand out, both in terms of story, and in terms of gameplay. The game is fair for what it is though. 4/5, 7/10.

JoshuaStone responds:

I think the storytelling and design have ended up a little "cautious", being my first game on this scale. I'll definitely try to make the interesting parts stand out more and have more variety in the levels and environment in the sequel! :D

I love this game and the music in it because it make me think about Nitrome's games . I only look at the walkthrough 2 times for the level 14 and 15

Thank you for playing, I'm glad you like it! :D

Thoroughly enjoyed good job

JoshuaStone responds:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!