Reviews for "Rotate"

Great game. It is simple yet fun and requires skill and precision to beat. I would love to see a sequel.

JoshuaStone responds:

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm definitely planning on making a sequel, most likely at some point next year. :)

Puzzle games aren't my thing, but for a puzzle game this is very good! Very polished and no observable bugs.

JoshuaStone responds:

Thank you! Definitely took a lot of work and iterations to get it to that point. :P

Great rage/puzzle game bro

Thanks! :D

Hello, I liked this game so much and I can't stop playing this in "Speedrun" mode. I finally can say, the graphics is fine and minimalistic. The soundtrack is atmospheric and the level design is really good tho. But it has only one flaw: Its level editor. It's not that handy as I wanted to see and I don't see the point of it if there's nobody who makes levels.

JoshuaStone responds:

Hey, glad you're enjoying it! As for the level editor, I definitely see how it is a bit limiting, but the main reason I made it was to create the actual levels for the game! Players over on Armor Games seem to be enjoying it as well.

I always love playing a good ol' gravity-defying game, and this game really knew how to take advantage of its rotating mechanic. Quite a few inventive and fun levels, especially those found later on in the game. I got stumped a number of times, but that's perfectly fine by me- I love being challenged, after all. And every mistake or death I've experienced throughout the game always felt like it was legitimately my fault... meaning that I haven't spotted anything I'd necessarily call cheap level design nor have I found any unexpectedly sharp increases in difficulty. Balanced, as all things should be. The only criticism I have is that I wish Rotate was longer overall, but I think the really fun level editor more than makes up for it.

I'd honestly love a sequel. :P

JoshuaStone responds:

Hey, glad you enjoyed it! I really did go through quite a few iterations of the levels to get them to the point where they felt like they progressed correctly.

And I'll definitely be doing some kind of sequel at some point, whether it be a small web game like this, or a larger release on Steam and such. :)