For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 55 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Madam Mim's Bet"

It was fun. I think it was very different to see these characters, this is a movie not many would remember, but I like you captured her mischievous side. I thought the spell game was well done and having multiple endings made good replay.

PoliuxDimension responds:

it's probably more like most people actually never saw that movie, it was from 1963, it was 55 years ago, that is half century old lol...

But don't get me wrong, I'm not an old person, I accidentally found the VHS of that movie on my relative's old bookshelf when I was a little kid.

I really enjoyed this game. It is basically a puzzle game, with a small twist at some of the parts. The magic parts are pretty cool. It really meets my expectations, even higher than it, for a puzzle game on Newgrounds.

PoliuxDimension responds:

So this game belongs to puzzle category? I was so confused when I was trying to choose a category, I couldn't find a category that I think it would fit, so I chose skill-other.

A simple but fun game. It's not overly difficult, but not too easy either. The normal difficulty isn't too easy, and the hard is...well, quite hard. I like how there's also an arcade mode. The game is very addicting, and so is the soundtrack. It sounds really good. I like how the symbols light up when you connect something to them, even when fixing them. It can be a bit easier to keep track of where they are sometimes. The medals add extra motivation. The story and endings are pretty funny. The art is nice, although I'm not sure if you actually wanted the witch to look attractive, because the proportions are kinda uncomfortable. It's fun anyway, seeing as how Arthur's facial expressions are so exaggerated and the game clearly doesn't take itself too seriously. I wish when you click the bet button, you'd skip the last part of the cutscene. The secret ending was a bit disappointing. It took me way too long to figure out where I was supposed to input the code, because I just didn't even think of looking for a secret bet. Also, I think you could have excluded the voices. They weren't that good. Sometimes (not often) my keys refused to respond, but if I was quick enough, I could correct it. I'm not sure if hat's up to the game or my keyboard. Also, I saw someone complain about hte controls not being compatible with all keyboards. the easiest way to fix that would be to add an option for the player to customize the keys. Anyways, this was a very fun game overall.

PoliuxDimension responds:

So you are the second person mention the proportion problem. It's highly possible there is an anatomical problem...this bad habit of mine have to be fixed before my next game come out.

The hard part for the novice artist like me is that I watch my drawing too long, I kinda lost sharp alert of body ratio of my own drawing, but it's easier for other who have the first glimpse at the figure to point the problem out, it would be a huge help if you or anyone can point out which scenes of Mim contain weird body or facial proportion. Review or pm me, I appreciate that.

Maybe I'll totally skip voice, or just made some weird sound for the dialogue in my next game, welcome to give me more advice on how voice should be.

About the key problem...I'm actually digging that subject today, in JavaScript coding. I believe I will find a solution very soon.Thank you for this very detailed review. It helps a lot.

I do not regret getting the secret ending mine was 219394.

PoliuxDimension responds:

The secret ending is the only scene that I tried to use traditional way to animate. I'm still trying to learn how to make traditional animation more smooth, glad you like it.

Somehow I think that being her slave is the best ending.

PoliuxDimension responds:

Sometimes you lose the game but win the life.