Reviews for ""Gun Fun" Animatic - A student work"

Very funny story!
Great art style as well! I also love the lighting, it helps set an atmosphere.
This shows great potential. I would love to see it when it's finished!

DatCakeIzEhPai responds:

Thank you but unfortunately, I'm not gonna finish this one since there are other more important art stuff that needs my majority focus. But I could experiment something like this in the future. Study comes first. Thanks again!

It was pretty good animation, but the story was bad.

But do keep up the good work.

Cool designs, and nice work!!

Thank you for the love!

This is really solid work for a WIP. Personally, I feel that it plays out more like a storyboard reel than a proper animatic, but what you've got so far is adorable. The character designs are distinct, recognizable, and simple enough to be perfectly suited for animation. I especially enjoyed the music and the coffee owl gags bookending the short, but I feel you could probably do more with it, like knocking back the coffee or a more exaggerated jolt when the lady's gun goes off. All if all, I can't wait to see it finished.

DatCakeIzEhPai responds:

Thank you very much for the feedback on the coffee and the jolt. It is nice that you notice it as a storyboard and the details. Unfortunately, I won't be finishing this animatic into a full animation due to a huge load of student works. By far, this is a study of me understanding the basic of visual storytelling and timing. In future, I think I could make it better if pressure dies down. Thank you again for the feedback and glad that you like it!

that was neat, looking forward to more from you. maybe with these two?

DatCakeIzEhPai responds:

Thank you and probably? I want to work with more characters than these two.