Reviews for "Get1000"

Remember that Spastard review? Uh.. my daily challenge medals don't save. I has the 8192, 2048, and the SQ one if you can give me them back.

After 3 hours I reached 3000. Very addicting game!

RealBeardroid responds:

For a guy who has spent an embarrassing number of hours playing 2048, I found this to be an awesome game. Interestingly, while I could listen to a podcast or talk to my mom on the phone while playing 2048 (sorry mom), I actually have to concentrate to play this game well.

My only suggestion for improvement is a more gradual difficulty curve after getting 1000. I had to get really lucky (i.e. an avalanche of x10's appearing) to get to 40k. Since, at that point, each tile to the centre requires at least 5 moves (e.g. to get 50k you'd need four x10 drags to/from a 5, and then move to centre) and you're only getting 3 moves back, it becomes an impossible proposition very fast. I still play 2048 on and off now because I know it's THEORETICALLY possible to get the 32768 tile, and I just suck too much to do it. But, barring a new strategy/persepective dawning on me, it's hard to bring myself to play Get1000 classic anymore, because I know that even if I play optimally I'd need ridiculous luck to go far.

So here are a few ideas (some quick-and-dirty, some rather foundational) that could alleviate the late game issue:

1) Start having things like x20, x50, x100's show up after you get 1000 (and maybe scale the multiplier up somewhat after each "tier" of tiles.
2) Award more than 3 moves for each tile to the centre in late game.
3) Do away with the 10-life cap. Doing that from the start would probably make get 1000 too easy though, so that would require some balancing.
4) In addition to addition drag, allow multiplication drag (e.g. I press some hotkey like X on the keyboard, and drag becomes multiply, press A and it goes back to add). You can even allow exponentiation drag! (9->2 becomes 81, 2->9 becomes 512, and so on.) I know this is appealing/useful only to like 0.0073% of the general population. But hey, at least people can just make 10's and raise them to higher powers of their liking, which would totally open up the late game situation.

So yeah, now I'm just ranting. Before any of those changes happen, I'd probably just come back and do the daily quests until my badge tank overflows. If for some reason you actually would like to hear more of my terrible Math nerd ideas, feel free to PM me.

RealBeardroid responds:

Thank you for this detailed review.
Really interesting ways for improving the game! Thank you a lot.

Challenging yet addicting. Despite running into problems surviving I can't seem to tear myself away from the game. Haven't noted any issues though if there were I probably contributed them to my ill skill level. Outside of that it's an amazing game.

Its an inventive game that requires a bit of thought. I like the premise! I found that I did better if I spent some of the early game trying to pre-build large numbers like 10s or 20s so that when I needed them They would be there and I wouldn't have to waste moves fabricating them.

Some of the small details I enjoyed. Like the Cosmic graphic of 42 or the heart for 69.

the music is catchy even if it does remind me of the theme to Bob's Burgers at times.

One bit of strangeness I noticed: Once in a while when I start the game sometimes large numbers will be there, like 200, 400, or 380. but on subsequent tries they're gone. Not sure what to make of it.

still it was a fun game!