Reviews for "-Another Try-"

This is great! I love the mix of upbeat sections and darker-sounding breakbeaty bits - definitely one of my favourites this year.

Waterflame responds:

:o

Reminds me of those arcade shooters. . . And Retro Adventure games. . .

It sounds like some kind of epic game that you play 8)

Hey, not bad!
I like the general flow of the song, chill and aimless... but perhaps a bit too aimless, in fact, that's why I knocked off a star; the flow of the song was just a bit TOO aimless and unorganized for my liking. That being said, I like how it kinda sounds like a slowed down and distorted version of Sonic Rush's "Back 2 Back" (can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxwNzCp0ADw) I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I definitely do dig that. Aside from the lack of organization of the of song I really do enjoy this song, well done, Waterflame!

-Bow

Waterflame responds:

Thanks, I see how you could feel that, It is very unconventionally structured. I toyed with it a bit
and I tried something a bit different, but I'm sure it could have been done in a more coherent way.

Its not at all like the song you refer too tho, composition, structure, melody and instrumentation has little in common, so I disagree. I feel you are making the connection based on how It does use the same vocal sample at certain parts as back to back. It is a break-beat sample used in many tracks :) I did structure the voice cuts similarly tho, and I do know hideki's music well. So I knew the connection would be made.

Thanks for the input, glad you liked the track :)