Reviews for "ZS Dead Detective - A cat's chance in hell"

The glasses guy is Carl from Phineas&Ferb.

Muja responds:

Well spotted! Just a small tribute..

Hmm, this was the first time I voted 4 on one of your games. Just as others have pointed out, it lacks the polish that its four prequels had. A great game, but the bugs and grammar errors don't make it that much fun.

Muja responds:

Thank you for your review and your honest feedback, and I apologise for the bugs and spelling errors!

Fun as usual. There were some notable bugs, as mentioned the repetition of the fake cat being busted at the hideout and some bugs with the clickable area highlights.

That said, it was still a lot of fun & the clues and mystery were great.

P.S. do you need a proofreader/text editor? I have 5+ years of editing experience and would be glad to help. My website is on my profile.

Muja responds:

Thank you, very glad you could enjoy the game despite its shortcomings.
I could be needing a proofreader in the future, I'll add you to my contacts :)

This feels unfinished compared to the other games in this series. Certain bugs which have been mentioned. Also if you choose Bratatat you get the same ending as if you'd chosen the actress, which is surely a bug. If nothing else, the name should be replaced with Bratatat in that case.

And there are major spelling and grammatical errors throughout, which is the biggest problem. None of your other games had such errors to such extent as this one does. It's understandable they're zombies, so the intentional things such as misspelled door signs/etc aren't the problem. But much of the text in their speech bubbles is misspelled or grammatically strange.

It may help to get a proofreader (or several proofreaders) especially if English is not your native language. If English is your native language, well, these errors still persist.

Also, when you leave areas, often you have to click on the screen again, after you've left, before you actually leave, which is counter-intuitive and probably a bug. When your zombie walks off screen should be enough to trigger the transition without having to then click the screen again.

Muja responds:

I apologise for the spelling errors! English is not my native language, but that's no excuse. Truth to be told, I've had less time than usual to work on this episode, since I'm also working on the big game that will be released on Steam and that's taking a lot of my attention.
I thought I could do two things at once, but of course, it did affect the quality of this episode. I'll refrain from now on, until I've finally published the final game.

I'll take note of the bugs you mentioned and I'm going to fix them as soon as I have a little time to spare.
Thanks for the feedback and your review!

Well, great job, Muja! I haven't been up to date with your games, so I've skipped a couple and haven't been acquainted with many of the characters. From what I get, most of them have already been introduced, and I like them. Nine Death's Cat is a nice addition as a worthy opponent and the mayor is simply fantastic. I haven't run into the bugs that have been mentioned in the previous reviews, but it's something to take into account. I also feel this one is kind of more guided until you finish the riddles, but that's not much of a problem.

I have already praised the style, the mechanic and humour of the saga in the past. That's still working. It's nice to check out wrong answers just to see how the scenes develop, even if it takes some time. I'll have to check out the games I missed!

I'm glad your game got greenlit, pal. I wish you good luck!

Muja responds:

Thank you a lot for your support, glad you liked the game and the characters!