Reviews for "Duke Dashington Remastered"

wow. great work dude.
original gameplay mechanic
variety of gameplay between worlds,
variety of gameplay between levels,
some puzzles are dificult to finish in time.
great graphisms
great music

I just had some difficulties to get the controls in hand first and I lost my mind on some levels but this game was full of fun.

Really enjoyed it.

Simple, addicting gameplay, and appealing graphics.

Nice graphics and fun gameplay. 5/5!

What happened to old good flash games, newer html games aren't as good as flash games used to be.

This entertained me quite a lot. The final dungeon was an epic challenge, and the game in general was satisfying to go through.

This game consists of platforming challenges cut into short 10-second sections, except instead of running and jumping like we would in a normal platformer, all we can do is dash, which sends the player character flying in a given direction. We can dash vertically and horizontally, and while a vertical dash can be interrupted with a horizontal dash, a horizontal one can only be interrupted by hitting an obstacle.

This way of interacting with the environment makes for some really interesting challenges, and the kinds of things we have to be aware of in the level are different from what we'd normally pay attention to in platformers, making for a pretty original gameplay experience.

The individual short challenges are quite well made. The difficulty curve escalates quite well, culminating in a final dungeon that is hard while still being doable. The short and quick format made it so that retrying was never frustrating, and I also like how the differences between dungeons were not merely thematic, but also mechanical, with every new dungeon introducing some new obstacles and objects of its own.

As for presentation, the visuals are good, and also quite polished, this being a remaster of an older game, and the soundtrack is very fun. The volcano song was so epic, it really got me pumped.

So, overall, quite a nice platformer, with some decent challenge to it.