Reviews for "Songbird Symphony v0.2"

This game is so sickeningly adorable.
From the cute character designs, to the simple yet catchy melodies everything stands out with a staggering amount of charm and personality.
I love how the game rewards you for exploring with more instruments being added to the song. that alone makes the game more alive and fun to explore.
Gameplay took a new turn since last time with the owl song and the new objectives present in the largely expanded levels and it definitely spices the game up in every positive way possible.
My only complaint is that the levels are maybe a bit to maze-like at some points, so adding a map might be something that should be taken in consideration.
But other than that, a solid game and a really fun experience.
Can't wait until the 3rd update.

Joysteak responds:

Thank you for playing both versions!
We'll definitely take your suggestion for a map into consideration.
Glad you enjoyed yourself :)

I don't want to come of too clingy, but this game astounded me in so many more ways than one, I cannot go without add my words.

From a mechanic-point of view, having one main action-button for multiple actions (interact/sing) is very simple and easy to get the hang of, and I just love minimalistic approaches like these: One singular serving multiple purposes.

The songs, as well as the graphics are beautiful and the fact the game is rythm-based adds so much potential as it involves a additional sense to the gaming experience.

I feel I wish to say more, but I believe that the more one adds, the less you take from the drawing/experience. Sometimes just let art be art.

-----

I am having a little peformance issues (low framerate), if that may be worth taking into consideration during development, but that's about it.

I am looking forward for its release and good luck on the team!

your game is fucking awsome

This game is so well done, great music, very simple, yet entertaining and heart warming.

This is probably one of the best demo games on Newgrounds. The visuals, the mixed gameplay, the characters, and the optimism is just infectious. You can't possibly be angry while playing this game.
One of my favorite parts of the game is how you can unlock the background music by doing cute little favors for other minor characters, a creative and fun detail that I only saw in Pokemon Black and White. Even if exploring the game is a bit tedious, making the characters happy is so worth it.
I also love how during songs, there are made up lyrics that you can't help but sing along. It adds so much character and personality to an already charming game.
Of course, this game isn't perfect by any means. The songs can be hard to get excellents on due to the time between the sounds, I got lost and a bit motion sick in the dungeon-like area, and the S button during platforming gameplay is frustratingly unresponsive.
For me, however, this game is more about the charm and optimism. This brings a smile to my face more than Kirby. The cutscenes, the characters, the visuals; I can't wait for what the complete game will offer. I would pay top dollars for a full game.