Reviews for "The spy who shot me™ - Demo"

this was super fun keep it going!

BlueStarGeneral responds:

Glad you liked it, I'm working hard on improving the game.

Psd

Excellent bondesque humor, cute oldschool graphics, perfect mechanics, fun gameplay. I will definatly wait for full version and probably buy it if it is as good as promised.

Things I like especially:
- The slight auto aim - would be too easy for a serious shooter but is spot on in parody game about a cool spy to whom everything comes easy. The decision to kill every regular guy with a single bullet is also a very good decision and is in accord with spy/action movies where common grunts get instantly disabled by the most feeble of punches.
-The funny/witty/cool comments of the protagonist during gameplay and the taunts of enemies when they see you. The latter remind me of Wolfenstein 3D. I suggest you make each type of enemy have a different taunt and I especially appreciate the custom taunts for special occasions like "We have guns too now!"

There is one minor detail why I give this a 9/10 and not 10/10 - I think that the timer on beach mission is not necessary. The jumping sequence on containers was very annoying to perform under time pressure, I failed some 5 times to make it in time. For the the White House basement mission the timer is great, because there is a plot with an explosive, but I think that not all missions have to be timed, especially if there is no plot device to explain the reason for limited time.

BlueStarGeneral responds:

Thanks for your feedback, I'll be increasing the timer to 5mins per level, plenty of time. Just working on the docks level should be ready in the next few days.

PSD

I really had a hard time figuring out the best way to save the game without making it difficult. Nevertheless, this seems like a pretty funny parody of James Bond. I am going to assume and trust you on the fact that this was indeed the intent. I am also going to assume that the graphics are part of the parody. Other than that, good game.

BlueStarGeneral responds:

I've always been a massive bond fan, even read all the Ian Flemming books. The graphics have to be low-res to work on a browser, but I love ps1 style polygons, all my other games are pixel, so I wanted to start moving into 3d.

PSD

i LOVE it though you really need to add in an autosave feature

BlueStarGeneral responds:

I'd need to talk with ng about how to set it up, but on my list!

Psd

fun game, love the look, music and the cheese, but the time limit is pretty annoying and the jumping physics really suck.

BlueStarGeneral responds:

I'll be upping the time limit to 5mins next version. What do you think though?