Reviews for "Knotty story"

Truly a beautiful game. Its artstyle looks like it was taken from a children's book. I hope you can develop it into a full-fledge game.

However, for the life of me, I just can't get all the medals. I suspect that one of them I get it after I climb all the pipes, but there's a point in which the kitten just doesn't jump anymore, he gets stuck to the pipe. I don't know if it's a glitch or I'm missing something. That must be the XXL MEOWING.

"Little Pig" must be related to getting clothes dirty, but I just can't figure out how. "Primary instinct" you probably get it by hunting the bird, but I can't do it (any tips?). "Shortcut Master" I don't know, perhaps it's related to the pipe system. "Revenge of Dog" I got it on my first playthrough, but once I reseted the game (that's another problem: some of the medals don't seem to work even if you get them in the game) I couldn't get it again (in the game, I already have it on NG).

So that's pretty much it. I wish you the best with this and hope to see a full game in the future. Ah, and I don't agree with the people that tell you that you should provide more props and explanations as regards what you have to find, do, etc. in order to advance in the story. I think it's perfectly fine as it is. Kudos!

CrounchyBrothers responds:

Thanks for your good feedbacks! Glad you felt the mood :) I just sended you some tips in private message ;)

The story looks polished and beautiful ! Well done at you :)

CrounchyBrothers responds:

Thanks for the compliment :)

Great game. Will definitely play the full version. Seems like a really cool story.

Thanks! :)

I think it's pretty good, and has a nice art style. Would like to see more of this. I would definitely suggest playing it.

CrounchyBrothers responds:

Thanks! :) We just added a new medal for completionists ;) so for thoses who enjoy the game there's secrets to find and challenges to face!

This game has a similar visual style to Machinarium (£7.99 on steam) but with brighter colours and cute, emotive characters. We covered this as part of our "But It's Free" series on youtube (Search Nerds Fail Me)
It was so good for the few minutes we saw that we would love a full version and be happy to pay for it. We've looked at lots of games on newgrounds and this DEMO of a game is far better than any of the other FULL GAMES we've looked at. Would love to cover it in a let's play and help get the word out about this beautiful experience.

CrounchyBrothers responds:

Thanks for your interest in our game, it's good to hear people enjoying playing it :) I watched your video, hope you'll have the three comments required to realese a full run of "Knots Story" ;)