Reviews for "Kontrol"

Not horrible but not great, a truly average game

Upon first playing this game, I thought: "Huh, what a neat game." - Now I'm thinking: "Huh, what a rock-solid, pixelish sidescroll shoot-em-up this is!"

I really had a blast playing this, because - as already said - it is solid. It's a nice game, featuring a clever leveldesign, a challenging and broad variety of enemies and upgrades, which make you feel like your ship just decided to go full rambo.
It always feels - at least to me - rather fair than fiery, things never go completely out of hand and whenever I get hit I think "I could've dodged that" rather than "How the hell were I supposed to dodge that?". Especially the last level features a fair ammount of bullethell (the shurikans are just the worst, especially without powerups), but it keeps the challenge at bay, not too hard, not too soft.

My only concern is the lack of ... well, stages? Don't get me wrong, I like what we already have, however I feel liket there could be just more stages leves than the three starters.
Oh, and the hitboxes are a bit misplaced, at least the one of the ship. It seems to be a bit smaller than what is shown, and that can get confusing at first.
Also, upon spawning the first boss, I imediately got hit by it, because it just appears out of thin air directly in the center of the screen. I'd fix that.

Ant any rate: other than that, I have no complaints and believe that this game could even reach further with a bit more developement.

MarcusBoay responds:

Thanks for playing! I fixed the first boss bug.