Reviews for "Surplus Snakes"

Pretty cool concept! The AI and controls work really good, I wish there were checkpoints after each level, but still. I mean, the game would be good even without levels, having just the classic four walled snake room so levels are just a plus.

good overall, the controls are bad in one specific way, and that is that when you first start to press them you turn very slow, but your turn accelerates exponentially.

orange08 responds:

That is how the controls work...! maybe a design flaw. I'll try switching the controls to be more constant and see if that makes controlling the snake easier. Thank you very much for the suggestion :)

(Just now updated the game with the more responsive controls)

For the love of Snake, add checkpoints. The game is great but retrying many times in order to receive nothing is very tyresome. Still, a wonderful concept and the snake AI is well designed.

orange08 responds:

Thank you for the suggestion! Since the game has 3 levels and it's somewhat difficult, checkpoints would probably be a good idea, but the idea didn't occur to me during development and I only had 72 hours. I will look into possibly adding lives/checkpoints in the future when the Ludum Dare competition judging period has ended.

Nice idea, good art, sounds were ok but after world 1 I was done. Maybe I would try world 2 if there was option to choose it from menu.

orange08 responds:

Thank you for the nice comment and the suggestion!

The end, finally, after too many tries, what will happen if THERE IS A NEXT LEVEL?!

This game is too hardcore for me, would be nice to at least get a save point at the beginning of a level maybe, but very nicely done overall. The enemy AI is actually not half bad, the look of the game is perfect, the gameplay is mostly intuitive. For a 72 hour game it's particularly impressive.

orange08 responds:

Thank you for the very nice comment and review!