Reviews for "The Sky House"

It's a decent little game. I think the character is very floaty in a good way, and I like the mechanic of being able to descend faster by pressing down.

I wish there was a little music or ambiance in the background to make it less bleak, but I did like the way that the traps had sound cues to keep a good rhythm going - made flying through the areas a little less frustrating when I had something by which I could pace myself. However, the jumping noise was very grating. It could have been fine if it was just for the jumping, but having it as the flying made it a headache to go through flight-heavy passages.

I liked how simple the goals were - I'm a sucker for simple metroidvanias, and it was fun to accidentally get lost or go somewhere that I wasn't supposed to go yet. I liked how there was never an explicit direction, and that I had to work to find out what to do myself.

This was going to get three stars until the very end, with the rumbling of the house. It was so violent and disorienting that the game became frustrating, and I felt a little sick after having to do the same part again and again. It could have worked if it was toned down, but Jesus, in its current state, it was a very unpleasant experience.

Overall, it's still an okay game. I can't say I regret spending 1,229 seconds playing it. I want to see more from you - you have a good sense of mechanics and can make cute pixelated graphics that aren't gaudy, uninspired, or just plain terrible looking like most other nu-retro games.

I have to tap x so much just to make it just fly once. :\

This game works pretty well in controls once you get used to them. Also press the DOWN button to descend faster.

1952 seconds
24 deaths
3/3 coins

amidos2006 responds:

Thanks for playing the game :) Glad you liked it :)

3413 seconds and 283 deaths... that's about 1 death every 12 seconds for me and took me almost an hour :P
Anyhow I still greatly enjoyed this game, especially for its jumping mechanic, and all those hidden tunnels. Half my time was spent trying to find out where I was supposed to go after getting everything but that last key :-/

Though It's probably just me who thinks the path could've been a bit more apparent, but I do know I won't be the only one hoping for a follow up game ;)

amidos2006 responds:

Thanks a lot :) I though it might be obvious to see the last key when you start, from seeing the green key and the door on top :) I though also you might see the exit door when you pass beside it :) But overall thanks for playing the game and glad you liked it

Only 1 coin ;-;

Great game.

Maybe one day I'll return to get the other two.

amidos2006 responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it :)