Reviews for "Midget Mager"

I'm missing something here: how do you complete a level? I've collected - as far as I can tell - all the gems that are available on level 1-1 (80). I get to a stack of platforms where the top one has what looks like a door. I can't go through the door. What am I doing wrong?

ryogo responds:

When the character is standing in front of a doorway, press up to enter and continue. Thanks for playing the game.

Awesome. Great graphics if a bit monotone, like things were all of the same hue? Sorry, I don't know the technical terms for visuals. ike sometimes things were hard to distiguish. The music got a bit boring but loved it. great game.

ryogo responds:

Thanks for the comment! I understand what you mean, I did this to make sure that the background doesn't make it difficult at all to see what's going on.

WAAAAY too hard because of the nearly-impossible-to-beat things that jump out of the water at you. They are fast and shoot undodgable things.

Also, why is this guy a mage? He has no spells.

ryogo responds:

It's too bad you didn't seem to enjoy my game at all. However, if the fish creatures at the lake area were too much for you, I'm afraid your skill level is just too low, and that my game isn't meant for you. You should try playing easier platformers first (check for autorunners).

This game really stands out between all the worthless platformers which you can find online. While you recommend a controller, I played it with a keyboard without any issues. Gameplay is smooth, difficulty well balanced. The graphics are well done.

A basic story at the start and between the levels would make it more interesting/polished.

ryogo responds:

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the game!
The game is still in development. A basic story is planned, but it's probably what I'll do last.

This game is really good in terms of mechanics, art, etc, and yet I just can't get into it for some reason. Maybe I need to revisit it, but it just left me feeling flat. Dunno. At any rate, great work.

Thanks for the comment!
The game is certainly not meant to please everybody, I'm mostly targeting fans of retro platformers.
I really appreciate that you acknowledged the hard work I put into the game by giving me 4 stars even though you couldn't get into it!