Reviews for "Znake"

A fun game, but...
How did it get onto the featured page before it even passed through the portal?

StuffedWombat responds:

I think it is because of twitter.
The person that controls the NG twitter account also picks the frontpage picks (i think it is tom), so if you tweet at NG, you get a better chanche of getting frontpaged?

Idk for sure, hope this helps :)

The idea is good, but it feels very unfinished. This is more of a tech demo.
I know it's a bit rushed, but it at least could have used a score screen at the end.
If this input is going to be used in a bigger game someday I suggest having the pickups spawn a minimum distance away from any part of the snake.
Anyway, happy birthday and good luck with your bigger project.

Not sure what some people were expecting. It's literally just a different version of snake. Which snake is a game...this is a game. There doesn't need to be much explanation. It's not different than if someone twisted tetris around and made it upside down instead of the regular way, still a game though. Although I didn't expect much from this it is a nice 5-10 minute time waster. Nothing special but it's still there. Some are demanding an explanation, story, timeframe of what's going on etc. etc. ....It's just snake....controlled by mouse input. There doesn't need to be anything major to it.

So I'm rating this as a 3 It seems very FUN and a COOL idea, but I feel that it needs to be self explanatory. I don't think its a good thing to have the player confused out the gate. Also a high score with this type of game may make it more appealing. The red starts off too fast. Still great game.

SPOILER ALERT:

For the ones wondering the way to play the game, once the tail of the snake gets red you die by touching it. The effect should be slower tho...