Reviews for "Aground"

Actually a pretty cute little game, not too difficult and a nice way to spend some time...
However, the reason why I took some points off, is because the achievements seem to be kinda bugged. Even after defeating a wyrm ingame, buying the super pack, finding a diamond or cooking pizza, I didn't get the achievements/achievements points (there are more that I didn't get but I didn't want to list them all)
I even finished the game and didn't get the achievement for building a dock. And after spending so much time to get all those achievements (which showed up in game), it's frustrating to know they didn't actually get added to my scoreboard.

Nevertheless, the game itself is nice^^

davidmaletz responds:

There was probably a hiccup communicating with newgrounds. It'll try to resubmit the medals every time you reload the game page as long as they show up in game, so try refreshing and see if your medals appear!

Fun! I enjoyed the process of building up the island and discovering what everything did. A couple of things bothered me; the prompt to attack rats and boars in the base area became frustrating when those enemies were right next to an NPC or building, so if I wanted to attack a rat I would instead enter a building menu or talk to an NPC. Also, it was unclear whether or not certain potions were temporary or permanent, specifically the health and stamina potions. I was also unsure as to what the Endurance Potion did.
Otherwise this was a really fun game that ate away my Saturday morning. Good job!

davidmaletz responds:

You can equip and unequip weapons in the inventory (or with a hotkey) to force the Z key to always attack with that weapon instead of accessing buildings or talking to NPCs. I'm also making buildings on the surface accessible with UP for an update coming tomorrow to keep Z from being too heavily overloaded.

All potions that require dragonblood are permanent. The endurance potion permanently reduces the stamina cost of walking - which can be useful if you're flying around at high speed from speed potions.

Very cool

This game is very well done, it feels great, controls are smooth

My only negative thoughts are 1, I wish we moved slightly faster at base Speed, 2, I wish there was a way to disable AutoEat(sometimes I just want to die), and 3, how the hell do I de-aggro the Adult Dragon? I accidentally hit it with an arrow and now I can't call the Alchemist

davidmaletz responds:

Speed is intentionally slow until you get equipment or full speed potions. Auto eat can be disabled in the gameplay options menu (since 1.3.1a). The adult dragon will de-aggro after about 2 minutes if you're not close to it to re-aggro it, but you can kill the dragon and continue an alternate quest line that way to get your own dragon.

I am loving this game, it is much better than what I expected when I was turning it on. The art is simple and nice, gameplay is great but sometimes I do not know how to continue the story.
One question tho: After I turned the dragon to my side and clicked enrage, is there any way to calm him down? or I fucked myself over and there is no way to get back further east

davidmaletz responds:

There is no way to un-enrage the dragon (without loading), but you aren't stuck. If you defeat the dragon, you'll be able to raise another adult dragon you can fly.