Reviews for "Aground"

The game is awesome! It's simple, and the upgrade system of the character is well made, too. Looking forward to developing the game further.
Can you just tell if at this point some actions can be performed with the baby dragon? There is nothing to feed them with, and once I collect them, other than selling, I can't think of anything.

davidmaletz responds:

Nothing yet... but we have plans for the future, so you may not want to sell them!

Amazing game, I spent over 4 hours playing without even realizing and would have spent more if the need to sleep wasn't a thing. The only problem I can think of is how repetitive the music might get but I wasn't really paying attention since I was so focused so...it's neither here nor there I suppose.

I was trying to complete the adult dragon's quest when I accidentally hit it and now it won't stop trying to attack me. Anyone know a way to stop it or is the only way killing it?

davidmaletz responds:

I'm glad you like the game. The dragon will go back to sleep after 1-2 minutes game time (try doing other quests or mining around), and then you can summon the alchemist again. Defeating the dragon is a valid way to continue though (completing it's quest is an alternate path).

Excellent game, I started playing it already when it was just posted last year, and spent 2d ingame playtime to finish both the starting and the science island (after waiting for it to be put into the game), then I mined everything on both islands and faced the boss on the science island, which wasn't fightable at that time.
Then I somehow messed up, erased my temporary internet data and my game progress along with it. I never uploaded it somewhere, so there was no way to restore it, but that doesn't stop me from doing it all again, especially with a new island and lots of new gadgets and mechanics to experiment with! :D

I noticed a bug though. (Spoiler alert)
When on the magic island, if I land with my dragon on one of the tiny floating platforms above the island (the ones with yetis on it) and I get off the dragon and dig through the ground, I fall down onto the island, unable to get back. My dragon stays on the platform, out of reach now, there's no other way for me to get up there (got no flight armor or whatever there might be) and I'm stuck on the island, unable to get to the other one for hatching and raising a new adult dragon. Luckily I didn't save after that incident and reloaded the file before that happened. Dunno if other players will be just as smart, if not they might get themselves stuck like that for real and have to restart the game. Ouch.
That's why I would recommend adding a "call dragon" function at the left edge of the island, that resets him to his usual position there. Could safe a poor soul from restarting everything.
If there actually was another way to get there, I didn't see it and it would be good to get it pointed out in such a situation (like after falling down from a platform the first time, or maybe even while landing on it).
(Spoiler end)

Nethertheless a brilliant game, and I will definitely regain my progress on the 2 first islands, additionally to completing the third one as well and also mining everything there too, defeating all bosses I can find and finishing all quests ;)

davidmaletz responds:

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Yeah, you could get stuck that way - I might add bedrock to the bottom of those floating islands, or maybe add a call dragon button (the alchemist could summon it back to the base of the island). I could easily see players getting stuck with poor use of vehicles like this in general though...

Wow umm...just wow. The level of detail and quality of this game combined with its depth of scope is just incredible for a flash game! Amazing work! 10/10

Such a good game! Good job!