Reviews for "Aground"

Like Terraria but NPCs have are doing something and you have a goal. It would be nice that the game doesn't end when you sail away, but that from there the new chapter begins where you have multiple islands to explore, more NPCs, bosses, more quests and more beasts to kill.
It really feels nice, but 2 hours is a little bit short for a build-and-explore type game.

davidmaletz responds:

We're definitely planning to add more! Feel free to follow us to keep track of updates, but sailing away isn't the final end for this game!

David, you outdid yourself on the one. I literally sat at this game for hours trying to beat all the secrets and beat the game. And the concept is just amazing. If I could I would rate this 7/5 but 5 is enough for now :)

Gameplay is nice but unoriginal, a lot like a basic Terraria or Minecraft. Graphics are decent.

When I was messing around, learning the game, I dropped my workbench, it disappeared and I could not find a way to get a new one. So I restarted the game. I think there should be some way to recover from this.

davidmaletz responds:

You can craft a new workbench once you get the workshop (a structure the Miner will give you a quest for and is complete-able without the workbench), so it's not actually game over to drop it, but it is annoying. I'm adding a confirmation dialogue if people really want to drop and permanently lose the workbench for the next update, as you're not the first person to try to place the workbench by dropping it!

I loved it. I can't wait for the next island. The only reason I stopped playing is I maxed out my cash and mined literally every block. One suggestion would be a way to access the options menu in game. Of course I would like to see more upgrades. It would have been cool to be able to make titanium or even diamond tools, etc.

davidmaletz responds:

You can access the options menu in game by hitting escape. And we definitely have more upgrades and a second island planned (titanium and quartz = silicon will be used for higher tech equipment).

I LOVED this game and I can't wait for more! Keep up the good work! ;)