Reviews for "The Guts of The City – Episode I"

Hmm... I really interesting new take on horror on this game. I have to say that I did like the atmosphere that this game build up through out the entire story. It's good to see a horror game that doesn't rely on cheap jumpscares to attract interest... instead this one tries, through some strange music and unique art style to get under your skin. And adding the different choices to that really made the story more compelling. However, in this weird dystopian world I have to say that the game doesn't really help you build a connection with the characters, and as such I felt like the "tough moral choices" weren't as meaningful as it was probably intended. But the again, that is just my opinion. I also made a let's play on this game, if you are interested to see my live reaction to it... https://youtu.be/Gz6j0mlCYKY . All in all, I think it's a solid game and I would like for it to continue, but maybe have some way of building a closer connections with the characters.

Great game! Had fun playing it. Had a hard time unlocking the departer medal. Finally gave in and pm the author. Looking forward to Ep2~

I really enjoy this game because you don't see something like this and this is a whole new unique artstyle horror game and there are some minor bugs where money goes missing and an inventory item stays with you if you go to the previous places before you get the knife and give it to the hooker to steal from the whale. Is there any way to unlock the Departer and Goon ?

Joenu responds:

Thanks a lot for review! It's important for me that you guys tell me about these bugs. they're easy to eliminate but hard to find. I'll go have a look and update the file. And concerning the medals: I'll send you a pm. Cheers:)

Spent a lot more time on this than I thought initially. Managed to get all the medals bar the departer. I thought maybe it had something to do with the kid leaving me but nope. Is there some way I can actually escape the golden sni...glados things? Wasteland? Rooftop? Frontier?

great game! lots of twists and turns and jump-scares. It works really well, and makes me want all the possible outcomes. You really have something here, and if i find myself with more than 30 grand i will throw in my support for development.

that said i am at a loss as to how i get the goon and depater achievements, buddy can you spare a hint?

Joenu responds:

Thanks a lot! I've sent you a pm.