Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

Okay, it got addictive very fast, i also suggest more randomness in the map, and/or at least, make the characters move faster, it is taking a lot of time from one battle to another in a point that i decided that exploring the map to make a strategy before battling wasn't worth it as i would get a little bored in the middle

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for you feedback!

Incredible game! Well done!
I have been addictivly been playing on hardcore mode for the last few days and its been a ton of fun. some suggestions;

1. Ninjas seem a little too powerful for what level they are, especially the level 4's. Invisibility, backflip, substitution are horrible combinations to fight without being much stronger than them. I think its the substitution, It may have a little too much health and draws aggro for too long.

2. Sometimes characters get stuck, Im not exactly sure why, sometimes it a terrain thing sometimes its trying to walk around someone thats invisible but this often results in a huge swings in the battle. I once defeated 4-5 enemies all because they could target the character they wanted to or failed battles because only 2 people where attacking. it does not happen often but it has killed a run once or twice.

3. I would really like it if the shield related abilities had a provoke. While my tank does generally take most of the aggro sometimes enemies full on charge past or walk past him going straight for my mage. I understand some enemies have a priority to do that but it makes it very difficult to counter it unless you have specific abilities to do so.

4. Im with previous comments with letting the player pick the class and have randomizer/re-roll for the stats. I found myself just refresh the character select screen until I get the classes with vaguely the skills I want.

5. I feel like the loot is just a little too randomized and the fact that you have abilities specific to some weapons not others, while enemies types are weak to some weapon types and not others forces the player to try and decide what will make the bigger difference. Then there is the different levels of damage ontop of that. now I LOVE this depth and decision making but I think it could be a little more polished. maybe giving the player the ability to change any piece of equipments element for a fee? maybe a one time use thing? or enchant scroll that drop?

overall I feel like these are just little nitpicks....excellent job overall.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for you feedback!

Yes, AI decides to get around ally or to wait and rarely it makes wrong decision.

I agree that loot is very randomized, but I think it is compromise between complexity and depth(having enchant scrolls ect). Also there are shops on the map. They won’t completely mitigate the issue, but should help a little.

great game but hard so if you up for the challenge play this game but i spent hours on this game and it has this right feel.

Thank you!

I am simply amazed by the quality of this game taking into consideration the small size of the developer team!
Good job Mikhail, Vladimir, Ressa, Alexander, Richard and everyone else involved in what I can only assume was play-testing :)

Now please excuse me while I spend another night doing nothing but playing this game and having a nice drink. Cheers!

Thank you!

Very good work!
About the mechanics, I really like rogue-like elements such as permadeath and random generation, I think they enhance the replayability factor.
About the graphic, I like your cartoonish stylized trait, I think it works well for this kind of game.
About the musics, honestly, I'm a little disappointed: don't take it wrong, the background music is good, but I was expecting some variations, expecially because your map is divided in 5 different environmental sectors, so it would have been nice to have at least 1 different theme for every sector. Probably it could be your next goal for improvement.
By the way, about the save files, I've followed your procedure to allow Flash to store up to 10MB, nevertheless I cannot find a way to continue my saved game: when I click on"save and exit" I come back to the title screen, but when I click on "play" it makes me choose the difficulty to start a new game instead of continue the saved one... there's something that escapes me about that? Where's the "continue saved game" option?
Good luck with your next works!

Edit: I've tried to discover score mechanics and I think I've found a "bug": by playing different matches and losing on purpose after reaching certain goals, writing down scores on a spreadsheet, I've found that 1 hero level is worth 40 points, 1 completed quest is worth 20 points, 1 treasure found is worth 1 point and 1 monster slain is worth 3 points (about bosses defeated is more difficult to tell: by defeating a weak boss I've calculated it's worth 17 points to be a boss + 3 points to be a monter slain, but data doesn't match when I've defeated stronger bosses and won the game, so I don't know if stronger bosses are worth much points or if I gained a special boost because of Vorag). Then there're multipliers, and it's here that my data seems to show a bug: the problem is that multiplying all points for the multipliers it returns the same amount returned by the game only if leaving "treasures found" points outside the multipliers factors. The question is: it's done on purpose, or the multipliers should multiply all points gained? I think it's the latter, so I hope you can fix it, even if it isn't something very important, plus I'm curious to know if I have done my calculations well.
Greetings!

Edit2: I've just verified that by beating Vorag you gain an extra hidden x2 multiplier, then now I'm sure that bosses defeated are worth 17 points for being bosses (+3 points for increasing monsters slain count). Nevertheless the multiplier bug I've found still emerges from my data, so the question in my previous edit still persists.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback! We are working on a new game and I hope we will have more music variations and better overall quality.
If you have game save issues, there are 2 possible solutions:
1) Mozilla Firefox - settings - privacy - change to "Firefox will - remember history". It will allow to save game savings. You can use similar approach with other browsers.
2) Google Flash Global Privacy Settings panel - Global Storage Settings - Allow to store up to 10MB - reopen browser. It will not restore this corrupted save, but should help with the future savings.