Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

This was well thought out and displayed. The team building allows for multiple experiences, so the replay value is there. Good job!

Thank you!

If you have 2 mages in your party with maxed out magic skill and 2 magic amplifiers, it completely breaks the game by reducing cooldown of your global spells from 20 seconds to just 1. Is it intended to be this way or is it some kind of bug ?
Excellent game, btw

DLord2 responds:

Oops! No, it's not intended, it supposed to be 30%, 60% and 80% cooldown reduction, depending on how many heroes have the talent at the moment.
Thank you for reporting the bug, we'll fix it ASAP!
Update: I published an update with the fix.

Loving the game. Some points in specific I'd like, then I'll suggest some ideas for a sequel.

Point one: I love the combat system. Seeing your characters run around and fight is, while tiring, amazing to see what they can do. I've played this game for a long time and... not beaten it, I've made so many parties that I just love playing over. And over. And over. I'll maybe make a paladin to heal and attack and try new and inventive things (Favorite party members from all around the board would be an orc who has stealth and a doubleaxe who dominates the enemy by attacking them while hid, a southerner archer who dodges attacks and hides to basically be immune to all damage and an elf who started out as a rouge and turned into a preist using holy and chaos magic. But I don't reccomend using the elf. More on that later.)

Point 2: I. Am. LOVING the enviornment! The events, how it's built, everything! Only got one quarrel with it but that's not for here. Exploring this world is so fun and I just gotta say I am enjoying the hell out of it. Progressing the story is nice but hey, who needs that when you can mess around with townspeople and make a lil story of your own!

Point 3: Equipment is nice. I enjoy the different types of weaknesses you can use to exploit an enemy though usually I just check if they're risky to fight or not and not the actual weaknesses.

Few minor things: I love the customization, the religions and the quests. but I can't make a para about them. Sue me.

Now the complaints. But I'd like to phrase them more as ideas of improvement.

Point 1: I'd... like to see more variety. What this is is amazing. You can get a kingdom that's taken over by wizards ninjas or not taken over, you can get southerners and orcs, I've mostly only seen a bit so... maybe there's more? But something I'm not fond of is how... cookie cutter it seems. The kingdom will always be in the same place. The enviornments will always be in the same place. The quests will follow a guideline. Quests can stay but maybe make the enviornents come in different places and the kingdom in different places, different things happening for each place? Like if the kingdom's in that necromancy place it can just be normal overtaken by the undead or at war with necromancers, so on so on. And maybe the spawn point is the only "locked" area. I don't know, just an idea. Nothing major.

Point 2: Would like to be able to give the characters some direction. My elf mage did not prioritize hiding and he had no people on his team at the moment (just a human who I was giving a defense set and another human with an offense set) that could help him even remotely with defense. Meaning he just died. I'd like a little button that gives "favorite" skills they use alot, like healing, or maybe they'd heal if they couldn't attack or something.

Point 3: Cmon. orcs are the only monster class? CMON.

Oh and also the artstyle thing could be worked on but im p okay with it.

Overall consensus?

Make a sequel. If you added those things this would be a game I'd be willing to buy. With actual money. but like it might make the flash audience mad so don't do that maybe i dont know you guys do you

Thanks for reading this. Or for just scrolling to the end.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for you feedback!

I agree that game would be better with full random map generation(for instance, you do not know where is castle and if it exists at all ect). Current map generation is compromise between our capabilities and perfection.

It is very interesting point about elf mage. I checked and hide has very high priority, but it activates only when hero sees enemies + there is some random to skip hide. Also to use stealth hero shouldn't have hard equipment or shield. I will check the composition, probably it is a bug.
Update: I fixed the issue with hide and published the update

Amazing game! I beat it on hardcore with Divine Mage, Sword/Shield, and Lightning Mage. It took a lot of practice before I found what to focus on speccing into first. I think the key thing from the beginning to middle game is to make sure your divine mage has the first two spells from dark, law, and chaos, then pour all your extra stuff into getting MP regen and the AoE holy. From there the game is pretty straightforward. I think the Ice block spell is the best, especially when both mages have the Global Cooldown talent. I basically had my mages wearing all heavy armor, and my divine mage was lucky enough to have rare weapon and leg armor that together added like +12 willpower. And, you have to literally wear the right armor for every monster you fight for it to not own you. I thought the Bone Dragon boss was the hardest boss because it was able to reset the fight and do a lot of damage. I almost lost but was able to retreat just barely. Also, I think the Sun God is the best one to choose. I think the game would have been a lot easier if the mobs didn't target the mages. I guess that's realistic, but it made me wish their was an intervention or taunt move for the defense warrior spec. Anyway, I enjoyed this game and poured many hours into it!

Thank you!

VERY GOOD GAME that game was AWSOME but please add one more game of this type DLord2 and Goboxel please do an WONDURUS LANDS 2 that game will be AWSOME and COLL but please add more BUFFS and DEBUFFS 2 be a more hard game that game is BORING before you DOMINE ALL the game and add more ENEMIES and HISTORY to the game whit some ABILITIES to the PLAYER and ENEMIES plz