Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

Love it. Very simple to understand, but hard to beat. I love the customization of the characters and gear which allows you to hedge your chances against enemies.

Thank you!

Wow! This was incredible! I've got no words...
I usually try to write reviews as early as possible, roughly at the time when the developers post their fresh games, but for this one I waited a bit longer to pass it on Harcore on the first run. That took a while, but I managed to do it with the good ol' save and quit technique... :D :D

Really liking this game, it's just... "perfect", I guess. It somehow reminds me of Final Fantasy with its combat system. And then, on the other hand, a little bit of some RPG's like Skyrin or something, with the different zones and such.
Surprisingly enough, I'm organizing a game project which is very similar to this, it's also like an Action-RPG with such cool and different zones and enemies. I'll definitely take this game as a small inspiration for our game ;)

There's like hundreds of other things I could also mention, but I don't think it's necessary, I hope you're proud of the game since it got lots of positive reviews and all of them are really honest ^_^
One thing you could maybe improve would be making the moving on the map a bit smoother and quicker, since it lags a tiny bit for me, but that's just a small complain.

Either way, this was awesome to play! I'm going to hunt ALL of those achievements down, they're mine, muahahahah!!
I hope you'll continue uploading awesome games like this one, this is truly a masterpiece and pretty much something I've been waiting a long time to play. We definitely want to have more games of this type ;D

-Tes

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback!
Glad you have enjoyed the game that much, check out other deities' abilities, there are some really good ones!

The game is incredibly good, regarding the simplistic side of it. The combat is well thought and it actually executes as intended. Shop prices are fine, finding items are easy. Overall really promising game. However, here are the points that I'd like improvements on:
- Heroes that will play as a tank must have a taunt ability, the fact that aggro works as it does at the moment can make fights harder with mobile enemies, as they go to your back line and suddenly your healer aggroes them.
- Heroes that start with heavy armor usually have really low points in Toughness, which increases hp, they have like around 6-8 Toughness which makes them actually bad picks as a tank. I'd either like a system where we can increase stats of heroes with levels as well or the heroes actually having related stats.
- Strength isn't explained good enough. Does it change anything for bows? How does the damage increase for archers? Dexterity explanation is perfect, however a hero would have 15 Dxt and 20 Str, meanwhile another one would have 18 Dxt and 16 Str, which one is better as an archer? This cannot be figured out.
- Fortitude is explained in nowhere, at least I couldn't find it. What does it do? Is it like Tenacity in LoL? Does it reduce cc? Or does increase the chance to completely ignore cc?
- Levelling up seems pretty hard. When it comes to aspects like these, I am not completely sure. It is up to the developer, maybe you want to have a certain challenge in the game, maybe making levelling faster will make the game too easy, so I cannot say it for certain. But what I feel is, I almost always feel outleveled, because I actually need to get my hands on certain skills for certain heroes, and while the heroes have actually good items, their skills are lacking. Or maybe instead of levelling, each hero can get two skill points per level, but that may make the levelling system broken, that's why this is all up to you guys.
- Maybe there can be a role system. For example assigning heroes as a tank, mage, rogue, assassin, healer etc. The whole group will not move in front of the tank for example. Because when the tank casts party buffs, he stays behind, thus the enemy usually starts focusing the dps or the healer and end up dying.

Overall, making the party work as an actual party and improving stat quality is what I thought of. Real good game, keep up the good work!

Thank you!

Yes, strength increases bow damage, dexterity is responcible for dodge and accuracy. Fortitude gives hero a chance to ignore effect at all(chance depends on Fortitude ), otherwise power of the effect will be reduced.

Yes, it is a good ideas to improve the game:)

I would pay to be able to play this on my phone, please make it an app ;__;

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback!

This might be the best game on here. I keep looking for new ones and coming back to this one. Great work