Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

So, I really love this game! I played it yesterday and thought it was really fun. It deserves it's spot on the featured page. I think it could definitely be a top game with just a few changes:

Firstly, I don't know why retreats start at two and never regenerate. A suggestion to fix this would be to possibly not make them regenerate, but instead make it possible to get them from winning fights. I'm not sure how you would do this but maybe make it a percentage based thing, like maybe a 20% chance to get a retreat and an item when you win a battle.

Second is the fact that you can't get back to the main menu screen from the team assembling screen. I don't know if it's some kind of bug and there is a button to go back, but it just doesn't appear on the screen. I'm sure it will be fixed in a future update but if not, please do.

Lastly, it's very tedious to move around in the overworld. The movement is kind of jittery and it takes to long to go back and forth between areas. But that's just a minor thing and I can get used to it as quickly as I can complain about it, so keep that in mind.

Overall it's just about the best game I've had the pleasure of playing in the last two weeks or so. So definitely keep it up! This game has loads of potential and I'll probably keep playing it for a while! I'll gladly give it 5 stars if at least one of these propblems are fixed in the future!

-BroZilla :D

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad you enjoyed the game so far:)
Regarding your suggestions:
1. Retreats. The alternative looks interesting, but we probably won’t change it in the near future. Also try following Zoon, he may help in that regard ;-)
2. Team assembly. We’ve just added the button, so you can return to main menu from that screen now.
3. World movement. That’s true, map is pretty big. This is why all 5 areas are connected with portals. They won’t completely mitigate the issue, but should help a little.
Good luck in your future runs!

Okay, it got addictive very fast, i also suggest more randomness in the map, and/or at least, make the characters move faster, it is taking a lot of time from one battle to another in a point that i decided that exploring the map to make a strategy before battling wasn't worth it as i would get a little bored in the middle

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for you feedback!

great game but hard so if you up for the challenge play this game but i spent hours on this game and it has this right feel.

Thank you!

I am simply amazed by the quality of this game taking into consideration the small size of the developer team!
Good job Mikhail, Vladimir, Ressa, Alexander, Richard and everyone else involved in what I can only assume was play-testing :)

Now please excuse me while I spend another night doing nothing but playing this game and having a nice drink. Cheers!

Thank you!

Very good work!
About the mechanics, I really like rogue-like elements such as permadeath and random generation, I think they enhance the replayability factor.
About the graphic, I like your cartoonish stylized trait, I think it works well for this kind of game.
About the musics, honestly, I'm a little disappointed: don't take it wrong, the background music is good, but I was expecting some variations, expecially because your map is divided in 5 different environmental sectors, so it would have been nice to have at least 1 different theme for every sector. Probably it could be your next goal for improvement.
By the way, about the save files, I've followed your procedure to allow Flash to store up to 10MB, nevertheless I cannot find a way to continue my saved game: when I click on"save and exit" I come back to the title screen, but when I click on "play" it makes me choose the difficulty to start a new game instead of continue the saved one... there's something that escapes me about that? Where's the "continue saved game" option?
Good luck with your next works!

Edit: I've tried to discover score mechanics and I think I've found a "bug": by playing different matches and losing on purpose after reaching certain goals, writing down scores on a spreadsheet, I've found that 1 hero level is worth 40 points, 1 completed quest is worth 20 points, 1 treasure found is worth 1 point and 1 monster slain is worth 3 points (about bosses defeated is more difficult to tell: by defeating a weak boss I've calculated it's worth 17 points to be a boss + 3 points to be a monter slain, but data doesn't match when I've defeated stronger bosses and won the game, so I don't know if stronger bosses are worth much points or if I gained a special boost because of Vorag). Then there're multipliers, and it's here that my data seems to show a bug: the problem is that multiplying all points for the multipliers it returns the same amount returned by the game only if leaving "treasures found" points outside the multipliers factors. The question is: it's done on purpose, or the multipliers should multiply all points gained? I think it's the latter, so I hope you can fix it, even if it isn't something very important, plus I'm curious to know if I have done my calculations well.
Greetings!

Edit2: I've just verified that by beating Vorag you gain an extra hidden x2 multiplier, then now I'm sure that bosses defeated are worth 17 points for being bosses (+3 points for increasing monsters slain count). Nevertheless the multiplier bug I've found still emerges from my data, so the question in my previous edit still persists.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback! We are working on a new game and I hope we will have more music variations and better overall quality.
If you have game save issues, there are 2 possible solutions:
1) Mozilla Firefox - settings - privacy - change to "Firefox will - remember history". It will allow to save game savings. You can use similar approach with other browsers.
2) Google Flash Global Privacy Settings panel - Global Storage Settings - Allow to store up to 10MB - reopen browser. It will not restore this corrupted save, but should help with the future savings.