Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

I am simply amazed by the quality of this game taking into consideration the small size of the developer team!
Good job Mikhail, Vladimir, Ressa, Alexander, Richard and everyone else involved in what I can only assume was play-testing :)

Now please excuse me while I spend another night doing nothing but playing this game and having a nice drink. Cheers!

Thank you!

The game is good but does have some flaws.
We should have the possibility to understand better how increasing something will alter the heroes strengths, and we should be able to better understand how the damage system works accordingly to the stats (case in point archers strength or dexterity?).

My biggest critic would be the character choosing system, which is way to much "luck" based, since it's random but you can reroll. All you have to do is reroll permanently until you get the team you want, which ultimately takes out the "randomness" and only makes the system useless, time-wasting and frustrating. You should be able to choose at least the starting character skills if not also the stats. It doesn't make any sense that you can reroll unto a range of heroes which are all melee "tanks".

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, character creating is a good alternative. Initially we designed to have a random list of the heroes and you should use it. But then players asked to add return to the menu button and then to add reroll button to be able.

I would pay to be able to play this on my phone, please make it an app ;__;

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback!

The game is incredibly good, regarding the simplistic side of it. The combat is well thought and it actually executes as intended. Shop prices are fine, finding items are easy. Overall really promising game. However, here are the points that I'd like improvements on:
- Heroes that will play as a tank must have a taunt ability, the fact that aggro works as it does at the moment can make fights harder with mobile enemies, as they go to your back line and suddenly your healer aggroes them.
- Heroes that start with heavy armor usually have really low points in Toughness, which increases hp, they have like around 6-8 Toughness which makes them actually bad picks as a tank. I'd either like a system where we can increase stats of heroes with levels as well or the heroes actually having related stats.
- Strength isn't explained good enough. Does it change anything for bows? How does the damage increase for archers? Dexterity explanation is perfect, however a hero would have 15 Dxt and 20 Str, meanwhile another one would have 18 Dxt and 16 Str, which one is better as an archer? This cannot be figured out.
- Fortitude is explained in nowhere, at least I couldn't find it. What does it do? Is it like Tenacity in LoL? Does it reduce cc? Or does increase the chance to completely ignore cc?
- Levelling up seems pretty hard. When it comes to aspects like these, I am not completely sure. It is up to the developer, maybe you want to have a certain challenge in the game, maybe making levelling faster will make the game too easy, so I cannot say it for certain. But what I feel is, I almost always feel outleveled, because I actually need to get my hands on certain skills for certain heroes, and while the heroes have actually good items, their skills are lacking. Or maybe instead of levelling, each hero can get two skill points per level, but that may make the levelling system broken, that's why this is all up to you guys.
- Maybe there can be a role system. For example assigning heroes as a tank, mage, rogue, assassin, healer etc. The whole group will not move in front of the tank for example. Because when the tank casts party buffs, he stays behind, thus the enemy usually starts focusing the dps or the healer and end up dying.

Overall, making the party work as an actual party and improving stat quality is what I thought of. Real good game, keep up the good work!

Thank you!

Yes, strength increases bow damage, dexterity is responcible for dodge and accuracy. Fortitude gives hero a chance to ignore effect at all(chance depends on Fortitude ), otherwise power of the effect will be reduced.

Yes, it is a good ideas to improve the game:)

Amazing game! I beat it on hardcore with Divine Mage, Sword/Shield, and Lightning Mage. It took a lot of practice before I found what to focus on speccing into first. I think the key thing from the beginning to middle game is to make sure your divine mage has the first two spells from dark, law, and chaos, then pour all your extra stuff into getting MP regen and the AoE holy. From there the game is pretty straightforward. I think the Ice block spell is the best, especially when both mages have the Global Cooldown talent. I basically had my mages wearing all heavy armor, and my divine mage was lucky enough to have rare weapon and leg armor that together added like +12 willpower. And, you have to literally wear the right armor for every monster you fight for it to not own you. I thought the Bone Dragon boss was the hardest boss because it was able to reset the fight and do a lot of damage. I almost lost but was able to retreat just barely. Also, I think the Sun God is the best one to choose. I think the game would have been a lot easier if the mobs didn't target the mages. I guess that's realistic, but it made me wish their was an intervention or taunt move for the defense warrior spec. Anyway, I enjoyed this game and poured many hours into it!