Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

The game is incredibly good, regarding the simplistic side of it. The combat is well thought and it actually executes as intended. Shop prices are fine, finding items are easy. Overall really promising game. However, here are the points that I'd like improvements on:
- Heroes that will play as a tank must have a taunt ability, the fact that aggro works as it does at the moment can make fights harder with mobile enemies, as they go to your back line and suddenly your healer aggroes them.
- Heroes that start with heavy armor usually have really low points in Toughness, which increases hp, they have like around 6-8 Toughness which makes them actually bad picks as a tank. I'd either like a system where we can increase stats of heroes with levels as well or the heroes actually having related stats.
- Strength isn't explained good enough. Does it change anything for bows? How does the damage increase for archers? Dexterity explanation is perfect, however a hero would have 15 Dxt and 20 Str, meanwhile another one would have 18 Dxt and 16 Str, which one is better as an archer? This cannot be figured out.
- Fortitude is explained in nowhere, at least I couldn't find it. What does it do? Is it like Tenacity in LoL? Does it reduce cc? Or does increase the chance to completely ignore cc?
- Levelling up seems pretty hard. When it comes to aspects like these, I am not completely sure. It is up to the developer, maybe you want to have a certain challenge in the game, maybe making levelling faster will make the game too easy, so I cannot say it for certain. But what I feel is, I almost always feel outleveled, because I actually need to get my hands on certain skills for certain heroes, and while the heroes have actually good items, their skills are lacking. Or maybe instead of levelling, each hero can get two skill points per level, but that may make the levelling system broken, that's why this is all up to you guys.
- Maybe there can be a role system. For example assigning heroes as a tank, mage, rogue, assassin, healer etc. The whole group will not move in front of the tank for example. Because when the tank casts party buffs, he stays behind, thus the enemy usually starts focusing the dps or the healer and end up dying.

Overall, making the party work as an actual party and improving stat quality is what I thought of. Real good game, keep up the good work!

Thank you!

Yes, strength increases bow damage, dexterity is responcible for dodge and accuracy. Fortitude gives hero a chance to ignore effect at all(chance depends on Fortitude ), otherwise power of the effect will be reduced.

Yes, it is a good ideas to improve the game:)

Amazing game! I beat it on hardcore with Divine Mage, Sword/Shield, and Lightning Mage. It took a lot of practice before I found what to focus on speccing into first. I think the key thing from the beginning to middle game is to make sure your divine mage has the first two spells from dark, law, and chaos, then pour all your extra stuff into getting MP regen and the AoE holy. From there the game is pretty straightforward. I think the Ice block spell is the best, especially when both mages have the Global Cooldown talent. I basically had my mages wearing all heavy armor, and my divine mage was lucky enough to have rare weapon and leg armor that together added like +12 willpower. And, you have to literally wear the right armor for every monster you fight for it to not own you. I thought the Bone Dragon boss was the hardest boss because it was able to reset the fight and do a lot of damage. I almost lost but was able to retreat just barely. Also, I think the Sun God is the best one to choose. I think the game would have been a lot easier if the mobs didn't target the mages. I guess that's realistic, but it made me wish their was an intervention or taunt move for the defense warrior spec. Anyway, I enjoyed this game and poured many hours into it!

Thank you!

I really enjoyed this game, it's one of the funniest games here, but I gave it only 3.5 stars because of some major flaws that I found quite annoying:
- First of all, travel speed. Walking around that slow is extremely boring. Also, adding the possibility to scroll the map to see what's there around the characters would let the player to plan his routes and avoid slowly exploring the map just to find out you have to slowly walk back.
- Please, add the possibility to customize your characters, choose your class, race, and distribute the points freely. Almost every time I play I have to reload the team building screen because I can't assemble a team that suits me. If I get a mage and archer, I cannot find a warrior, and vice versa; or when I get two nice chgaracters, I get a warrior with high energy and low toughness, or a mage with high strength and low energy. That's really annoying and it's the major flaw of this game.
- The game becomes utterly impossible at around level 7-9. I always find myself stuck with enemies I cannot defeat. And the timer is too fast.
- I'd like the full skill trees to be visible from the beginning, it would allow me to plan the characters' builds better.
- Random loot is fine, but when it's too random it becomes annoying. I don't like to get a level 5 piece of equipment after defeating three lvl 9 giants.
Besides that, the game is quite enjoyable, thanks for the good work ;)

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback! Regarding a travel speed we increased it with the update few days ago. Also dropped items are better if your party is weaker than the enemy and the dropped items will be worse if you are stronger than the enemy.

Man, it's been a while since I've loved a newgrounds game this much! This game is absolutely wonderful and you guys are amazing

Thank you!

great game but hard so if you up for the challenge play this game but i spent hours on this game and it has this right feel.