Reviews for "Wondrous Lands"

Hello!

Truly a nice game! It is full of nice features: it is pretty, colourful, interesting gameplay, lots of enemies.

I do have some issues with the character creation. It is way too random, sometimes you get a skill points attribution that makes no sense. For instance, you have shield warriors with high Energy, which is only used in casting spells.

It would be truly awesome to be able to choose race and distribute skill points. If you want to keep it random, why not give the ability to lock 1 or 2 characters when rerollling? Or even lock a certain number of skills?

Once again, you did an awesome job!

Have a great day.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your fedback! Hmm we changed stat generation and it shouldn't provide high strength and energy for the same hero. I will checked. Initially we designed that player should use random heroes, but then we added return to the menu and then rerolling.

This is a good game, but it's a little over-complicated in terms of its mechanics. In particular, there are too many different kinds of damage. This means you have to hold on to (and micromanage the use of) an insane variety of armour and weapons in order to be effective in battle. As a corollary, it means the only sane defence investment is "dodge", since it's the thing which is effective against the broadest form of attack. Even then, there are a few effects, like "paralysis", which severely unbalance the mechanics.

DLord2 responds:

Thank you! Yes, agree that it is specific game. By the way there is an enchant for equip versus effects like paralyzed.I

I am simply amazed by the quality of this game taking into consideration the small size of the developer team!
Good job Mikhail, Vladimir, Ressa, Alexander, Richard and everyone else involved in what I can only assume was play-testing :)

Now please excuse me while I spend another night doing nothing but playing this game and having a nice drink. Cheers!

Thank you!

The game is good but does have some flaws.
We should have the possibility to understand better how increasing something will alter the heroes strengths, and we should be able to better understand how the damage system works accordingly to the stats (case in point archers strength or dexterity?).

My biggest critic would be the character choosing system, which is way to much "luck" based, since it's random but you can reroll. All you have to do is reroll permanently until you get the team you want, which ultimately takes out the "randomness" and only makes the system useless, time-wasting and frustrating. You should be able to choose at least the starting character skills if not also the stats. It doesn't make any sense that you can reroll unto a range of heroes which are all melee "tanks".

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, character creating is a good alternative. Initially we designed to have a random list of the heroes and you should use it. But then players asked to add return to the menu button and then to add reroll button to be able.

I would pay to be able to play this on my phone, please make it an app ;__;

DLord2 responds:

Thank you for your feedback!